What happens when you start messing with the standard design...
Close

This is a discussion on What happens when you start messing with the standard design... within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Grr.... ! I decided that my foot pegs needed to move more to the rear of the bike as where they were before I moved ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TrialsRider

Thread: What happens when you start messing with the standard design...

Grr.... !

I decided that my foot pegs needed to move more to the rear of the bike as where they were before I moved the tank and seat was making me curl too much.

I mocked up a bracket to test it out and the peg position is fine now, but this has resulted in a different issue.... it interferes with the side stand, which I need as the centre stand is coming off.

I looked at taking the stand off and moving it forward, but the side stand bracket is 'properly' welded onto the frame, so it can come off, but then will probably be mangled beyond re-use. I'd rather not mess with that unless I have to.

I can also bend it a little as currently the bike leans too much anyway when on the side stand, but even more straightened out (and closer into the bike when folded) that still will interfere with the rear set gear lever.

Anyone have any smarter ideas than me, or have encountered this sort of issue before?

Pointers greatly appreciated!

Paul

Name:  IMG_9143.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  131.2 KB
    1982 KZ1000P brat
    1979 KZ1300 six pot cafe project

Get a side stand off a competition dirt bike, they are light weight aluminum instead of steel, will be longer and usually connect with a very simple bolt on bracket.
    ... might end up mounting on the other side, lots of them do, typically they mount on the swingarm.
    I take them off whenever I buy a new bike and toss them in a spare parts bin, probably not the only rider that does that.
    McBoney likes this.

Thank you for the tip, I'll go see what I can find.

Cheers
    Paul
    1982 KZ1000P brat
    1979 KZ1300 six pot cafe project

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

go look in the Harley catalogs. Lots of bolt on "chopper" side stands that will hold up a massive KZ1300. I don't know that I would trust a bolt on dirt bike swingarm one to hold up the massive kawi 13.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sponsored Links