Another Monster comes, with new issues - Page 2
Close

Another Monster comes, with new issues

This is a discussion on Another Monster comes, with new issues within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by TrialsRider Roll with it, is likely close enough for what you need That's my thinking. Visually the 695 and the 1000 are ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Another Monster comes, with new issues

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Roll with it, is likely close enough for what you need
    That's my thinking. Visually the 695 and the 1000 are the same under the tank. We are trying to buy another 695 which has more damage. It will give us some parts and a practice dummy.

It would be really handy if I could just download a copy of the Ducati section of Brad's brain, get the "how to get at it" knowledge as well as the solutions. These frames are a pain in the ass to work around. You need an electronics geek's brain, piano player length fingers with a bricklayer's grip.

Intense lighting and a heated garage floor helps immensely & holy ^&%$# it's cold outside today isn't it!
    woodsman likes this.

Intense lighting and a heated garage floor helps immensely & holy ^&%$# it's cold outside today isn't it!
    The perched Blue Jays are so puffed up they look like a softball with a head. Their bellies look like it's fur. -28 now and 4 tomorrow how the fuck is your body to make the seasonal adjustment when temperatures are swinging like that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    the ecu activates the solenoid, earthing out the negative side. sometimes the ecu circuits die. if the ecu is not making it go you can bypass it and run it from the switch. as long as the immo light is out that should be fine.
    It appears to be the ecu or it's reaction to one of the sensors, any suggestions on testing components? Would using jpdiag or similar software make sorting the electrics quicker and easier?

if the ecu is getting an input from the start button, and nothing is coming out, it's the ecu. try earthing the earth side of the solenoid trigger. if it cranks, again most likely ecu.

is the neutral light on? it is an ecu input. as are the clutch and side stand switches, and starting is controlled by an ecu start logic circuit based on them all.

diagnostic tool will tell you what the ecu is seeing. that's what you need to know.
    woodsman likes this.

get guzzidiag / iawdiag. buy the cable from lonelec - https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-...nterface-Cable

Ideally, you should buy another monster one that runs. Absolutely nothing makes trouble-shooting easier then having two nearly identical bikes, you just swap parts until the problem appears on the other one, if the problem never goes to the other bike the problem is not with those parts :| is so easy.

Ideally, you should buy another monster one that runs. Absolutely nothing makes trouble-shooting easier then having two nearly identical bikes, you just swap parts until the problem appears on the other one, if the problem never goes to the other bike the problem is not with those parts :| is so easy.
    Tried to buy another this week, hopefully something will come up soon.

Looking for parts I ran across this stuff. I almost feel for the price I should order to see what you actually get.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairing-Bod....c100005.m1851

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Tried to buy another this week, hopefully something will come up soon.

Looking for parts I ran across this stuff. I almost feel for the price I should order to see what you actually get.
    Somebody's shattered dreams.
    ya if you have a bike that fits it, and they are not the size of a plastic model that sits on your mantel

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    get guzzidiag / iawdiag. buy the cable from lonelec - https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-...nterface-Cable
    Ordered the cable.

I just found a 2003 620 that has no keys or card. The bike is good but it'll likely go for parts bike price. My partner is quite comfortable, provided the proper software, with epoxy covered chips and reprogramming, a specialty in his past life. Do you know if the software will allow him to read and reprogram the immo chip so we could make keys?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links