cl cb cj similar frames???
Close

This is a discussion on cl cb cj similar frames??? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; are there any common frames and body parts used on the mid 70's honda's? i see that the cl, cj, and cb 360 is the ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

are there any common frames and body parts used on the mid 70's honda's? i see that the cl, cj, and cb 360 is the same except the exhaust and a few small things, but is the 350, 450, or even the 200 cc bike the same frame. i know many manufacturers use the base frame to put multiple engines in (aprilia, buell, ducati, and kawasaki) but is there any base in the many engine sizes in the 73 thru 75 range???

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
    81 cb750f (stolen)
    75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

take a minute and look at the frames of a 200, 350, 360 and 450. clearly different animals.

...connoisseur of slack...

not 100% sure about all that. a manual or two states that a 250 is the same???? is that an exception?? just trying to get an idea about which bikes i can get parts from..... i'd hate to bastardize my bike by putting just any old junk on it like play-do!!!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
    81 cb750f (stolen)
    75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Bastardize how? If it fits, it fits.

There aren't many parts that are standard across that many different sizes (the horn comes to mind). What are you after?

honda is the one manufacturer where the frames are not a shared item. The CJ frame is actually a lot different from the cb/cj frames, so sometimes even the same motor had more than one different frames.

I can't think of a single honda bike that actually has the same frame as another bike. That doesn't mean they didn't have shared components. A great example of this is that cb750 and cb550. completely different bikes but they still shared things like wheels, brake calipers, etc. Swingarms and such would not fit but some of the smaller stuff would.

the best way to find out is to look up your bikes part numbers and then do a look up by part number to see if there are any shared applications.

honda is the one manufacturer where the frames are not a shared item. The CJ frame is actually a lot different from the cb/cj frames, so sometimes even the same motor had more than one different frames.

I can't think of a single honda bike that actually has the same frame as another bike. That doesn't mean they didn't have shared components. A great example of this is that cb750 and cb550. completely different bikes but they still shared things like wheels, brake calipers, etc. Swingarms and such would not fit but some of the smaller stuff would.

the best way to find out is to look up your bikes part numbers and then do a look up by part number to see if there are any shared applications.

cb750's and 350's use the same valve caps!

cb750's and 350's use the same valve caps!

excellent, that is what i want to know. more often than not i see similarities, but actual confirmation is expensive and time consuming. i just wanted a general basis to look for parts like tanks, sidecovers, seats, etc. i may be taking a trip to a cycle graveyard and i don't think i'll be so lucky to find all the things i want on my exact bike. and since i will NOT have the bike w/ me i want a good idea of what will fit perfect and what will need to be "engineered". thanx

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
    81 cb750f (stolen)
    75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

excellent, that is what i want to know. more often than not i see similarities, but actual confirmation is expensive and time consuming. i just wanted a general basis to look for parts like tanks, sidecovers, seats, etc. i may be taking a trip to a cycle graveyard and i don't think i'll be so lucky to find all the things i want on my exact bike. and since i will NOT have the bike w/ me i want a good idea of what will fit perfect and what will need to be "engineered". thanx

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
    81 cb750f (stolen)
    75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links