Wiring For 70's Hondas?
Close

Wiring For 70's Hondas?

This is a discussion on Wiring For 70's Hondas? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Looking to replace parts of the wiring on my '75 400f like signal wires... Does anyone know a source for wiring that will match the ...

Wiring For 70's Hondas?

Looking to replace parts of the wiring on my '75 400f like signal wires... Does anyone know a source for wiring that will match the factory wire colors? The only wire I can find is red/black/white/green. Need orange, cyan, etc...
    mitchellsk
    1970 CB350
    1975 CB360
    1975 400f
    1973 450
    1975 750

\"I like to hold the microphone cord like this, I pinch it together, then I let it go, then you hear a whole bunch of jokes at once.\" - Mitch Hedburg

The best way may be to get another old Honda harness and strip the good wires out of it. That way you will have the factory ends and colors. Honda is very consistent in how they color code all of their wiring. All neutral switch wires are light green with red tracer, grounds are green, left turn signals are orange, etc..

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I know you can get a turn signal kit for cheap that includes everything needed for turnsignals like wiring, switch, relay and turn signals for under 40 bucks. It was I plan on getting for my street project when I get to that point in the project.
    http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/45394-...ts-p21548.html
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I know you can get a turn signal kit for cheap that includes everything needed for turnsignals like wiring, switch, relay and turn signals for under 40 bucks. It was I plan on getting for my street project when I get to that point in the project.
    http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/45394-...ts-p21548.html
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Kennessex - I was concerned I wouldn't be able to find enough long lengths of old harness in good condition but I was told that old 60's/70's Japanese cars for the most part used much of the same wiring colors so off to the junkyard I go to at least check it out.

Pinche - Thanks for the link, I have min-bullet signals already and want to use the factory wiring colors as much as possible.

Thanks
    mitchellsk
    1970 CB350
    1975 CB360
    1975 400f
    1973 450
    1975 750

\"I like to hold the microphone cord like this, I pinch it together, then I let it go, then you hear a whole bunch of jokes at once.\" - Mitch Hedburg

Kennessex - I was concerned I wouldn't be able to find enough long lengths of old harness in good condition but I was told that old 60's/70's Japanese cars for the most part used much of the same wiring colors so off to the junkyard I go to at least check it out.

Pinche - Thanks for the link, I have min-bullet signals already and want to use the factory wiring colors as much as possible.

Thanks
    mitchellsk
    1970 CB350
    1975 CB360
    1975 400f
    1973 450
    1975 750

Check these guys out for stock Honda wiring in 13 foot lengths....

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=HPEL1

They also have the old type bullet connectors as well so you can get some as well. Was out working on my buddies CB350 yesterday and the PO made such a fucking mess of the wiring could barely tell where to begin. A big +1 on keeping the wiring STOCK color!
    If I were you I\'d hate myself too.
    \'71 Ruby Red CB350(RIP)
    \'74 Deep Black CB750

Check these guys out for stock Honda wiring in 13 foot lengths....

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=HPEL1

They also have the old type bullet connectors as well so you can get some as well. Was out working on my buddies CB350 yesterday and the PO made such a fucking mess of the wiring could barely tell where to begin. A big +1 on keeping the wiring STOCK color!
    If I were you I\'d hate myself too.
    \'71 Ruby Red CB350(RIP)
    \'74 Deep Black CB750

Sponsored Links