Front Shock Dis-assembly
Close

Front Shock Dis-assembly

This is a discussion on Front Shock Dis-assembly within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Are any special tools required to dis-assemble 70's Honda front shocks like on a 400f or 350t to clean & replace seals. How would I ...

Front Shock Dis-assembly

Are any special tools required to dis-assemble 70's Honda front shocks like on a 400f or 350t to clean & replace seals.

How would I prevent the spring from launching the end cap when I remove it or is there not enough pressure left to do that once the shock is removed from the bike?

mitchellsk
    1970 CB350
    1975 CB360
    1975 400f
    1973 450
    1975 750

\"I like to hold the microphone cord like this, I pinch it together, then I let it go, then you hear a whole bunch of jokes at once.\" - Mitch Hedburg

FR
    There is enough pressure to pop the fork cap out of your hands. I use a 1/2" drive ratchet wrench, that way I can keep opposing pressure on the cap. BTW, it's a good idea to loosen the caps before you take the forks off the trees. Once you have the forks off, you'll need an allen head socket to remove the damper rod screw at the bottom of the fork leg, I find that using an impact gun is most effective, but make sure you have the correct size socket and that it goes all the way into the screw head, if you strip the head you're f*ckt. When you're installing the new seals, it's a good idea to have a short piece of pipe to drive the seal in, I have a piece of exhaust pipe that works, but you can use PVC too.
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

cover your tank and anything nearby with a blanket or something. that cap will launch and without fail smash and knick some paint.

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Sponsored Links