Where can i get cafe parts?
Close

This is a discussion on Where can i get cafe parts? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; i got a 75 honda cb200t and im looking to get some aftermarket parts for it.. but the problem is that i can't find any ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

i got a 75 honda cb200t and im looking to get some aftermarket parts for it.. but the problem is that i can't find any where that sell parts for it.. i seen many parts for the other motor but i dont know if its going to fit or not... please help me out thanks

how about you tell us what parts you want specifically. and by the way, bars and seats do not a cafe racer make.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

jimmy,

figure out what you want to do.....make a sketch, etc.....then do a little searching on your own.

we can offer advise, but we can not read your mind.

help us, help you.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

wow, terrible responses...

airtech-streamlining.com for body
    cb750cafe.com for body
    JCWhitney.com for parts
    OldbikeBarn.com for parts
    roccitycafe.com for body
    benjiescaferacer.com for body
    z1enterprises.com for parts

quote:Originally posted by 7urbo

wow, terrible responses...

airtech-streamlining.com for body
    cb750cafe.com for body
    JCWhitney.com for parts
    OldbikeBarn.com for parts
    roccitycafe.com for body
    benjiescaferacer.com for body
    z1enterprises.com for parts
    Wow you are a tool.....anybody can post generic parts and a whole bunch of shit that doesn't fit his bike...

considering that some of us have used the above mentioned vendors and some of them may never get used again and not recommend them for anybody I would say that you 7urbo have probably had the worst post in the thread as you have steered him toward nothing actually helpful except some low quality shit and stuff that may be over his head.

now, what parts were needed specifically for the cb200t?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

not that i really WANT to get in the middle of this, but it seems to me that GEETO and tex probably have some pretty good ideas for obtaining the proper parts. not that i worship their post numbers or anything (i do), nor am i trying to suck up so they will help me with my exhaust problem (yes, i am), but seriously, these guys have obviously built a few bikes and have definitely been doing it long enough for me to take their word for it if they say "this vendor is shit, and here's why...", or if they say "oh, this is the part you need? here's where to look/i have one of those." so, yeah, check out my exhaust technical question.

z1 enterprises is awesome for cb750 and kz900 stuff. Practically nothing for a cb200t. I am a regular customer of z1 enterprises but I watch their prices in comparison with Dynoman.net as sometimes they are cheaper and sometimes they are not on things like dyna ignitions. But for a cb200T maybe they have 1 or 2 small aftermarket service items but that is it.

Benjiescaferacer.com - I am a regular customer here as well as I own one of his seats and headlight buckets. Again nothing for a cb200T at all. He can make you something custom for a cb200 but it will cost. As it stands his prices are 3 times what you will get a generic cafe seat for but there is a reason - with the seat you get a nicely finished product for a specific application - it bolts on and away you go. Some of his other parts require a little work but overall the quality is good.

Oldbike barn sells basically carpy and airtech stuff plus the cheap crap that you can find and bolt on anywhere. Honestly anything thye sell can be had on ebay for 15-20% less. Plus they had major shipping problems about a year or so ago which gaurantees I will probably never be a customer of theirs ever again.

JCWhitney - good for a laugh or a cheap light set. I would not buy anything from them that I wasn't expecting to break in the next 10 days. I have a pile of mini-gauges to back up tht statement. They have good prices on accessory lights but that is about it. For generic stuff I would lean more toward dennis kirk (www.denniskirk.com).

cb750 cafe is carpys site and like the domain says it is basically cb750 stuff. Nothing he sells will fit on a cb200t. Not a damn thing, well maybe a decal or something but it will say something gay like "cafe" "caferacer" or "750 cafe". Carpy does make some quality stuff but none of it is for a cb200.

Airtech may be the only worthwhile like in that whole pile to the original poster. They sell generic stuff, some of which will fit a cb200t. Plus their site has measurements of the parts so you can measure up before buying. The fiberglass is passible, not fantastic but it will do the job. Bret at Glass from the past stuff is better quality and he will generic bodywork that will fit the 200t. Plus he is a member here and willing to work with you on getting the right part.

there is not a lot direct bolt on stuff for the 200T, to be honest which is why if there is something you are looking for specifically it is probably a good idea to let us know what it is you want so we can point you in the correct direction. The cb200T also has the distinction of being the 3rd most talked about bike on this site, after the cb350 and the cb750, which means if you do a search you will turn up a lot of info and ideas as to what others have done to their bikes. there are a lot of them in hte project builds section as well with photos.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

oh I should add - www.hondaparts-direct.com for stock genuine service items. servicehonda.com is also very good.

For bars, well if you want clubmans I would suggest finding a set of adjustable clubmans like from bevel heaven. Spendy but worth it, espically if you are not going to go through the trouble of making your own rearsets for the bike. Champ sells awesome clipons and also has the distinction of being a member here (250gpchamp) and also a former cb200 owner. He can set you up with what you need. He also has small bike fixed clubmans which are higher quality and will work better than the generic pieces of shit you find cheap on ebay. Something to learn about jap bikes are all bars are 7/8ths of an inch so any 7/8 diameter bar will work.

- Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

We still don't know what he wants. I mean, this has been an entertaining thread so far, but in a sort of empty, dumb way.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

I thik you can get all the aftermarket parts yo want off of e-bay. They have cafe racer fairings, clubman bars, colored grips,fork seals, shorty mufflers, carb kits and pod air filters. I think that is all it takes to make a cool cafe bike. Then you can be a part of the cafe lifestyle.

Just trying to help,
    Ken

P.S. The bars won't fit, the fairing is too big, the grips will disintegrate, the fork seals will leak, the mufflers will be too big for the headpipes, you won't be able to jet the carbs for the air filters and the carb kits will have the wrong jets and needles.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links