simplier way to run fuel line
Close

This is a discussion on simplier way to run fuel line within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; i have switched to vm carbuetors from the stock CV carburetors. the old setup linked the float bowls, the new vm two carb setup needs ...

i have switched to vm carbuetors from the stock CV carburetors. the old setup linked the float bowls, the new vm two carb setup needs a splitter in the fuel line and a feed for each carb.

is there a way to link the float bowls, or a cleaner way to split the fuel supply?

currently the hose drops straight splits on a T the one curls around to the closest carb and the other arches up and over the first carb to the second. all in all it ends up being near a foot and a half or more of arched and curved fuel line.

I'd prefer to link the float bowls, which brings me to racking the carbs, is there a tried and true method to racking vms?

anyone run a rubber line to a brass pipe bring the pipe across the back of the cylinder and then elbow off of it w/ a barbed fitting? basically do all the tight angles with pipe fittings

petcock - rubber fuel line - brass pipe - rubber line - carburetor.

I suppose short of illustrating your quandry

you could always just use a fuel tap having two nipples
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    WELDING.
    fit a second tap to other side of tank, the balance pipe ( if you have one) sucks
    PJ
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I am pretty sure bubble gum works as good or better than welding
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

While I am not real familiar with the VM cable operated carbs, alot of carbs have the castings present for fuel feed relocation. Alot of carb castings were meant to have the fuel nipple on either side of the carb and can often be modified to move them from 1 side to another.
    Heres a set of Mik 38 flats as modified to fit a GT 750. They have 3 fuel lines going to the carbs (1 for ecah carb)The carb on the right side has the fuel feed mounted on the right side and the other 2 are inner mounted.

The right side carb has the fuel casting present for relocating the fuel feed to the left side. This carb had the stock right side fuel feed plugged and the feed relocated (drilled through) to the left side of the carb. The center carb also had the fuel feed casting drilled through (so it was fed from both feeds). I made up the aluminum feed adaptors (with O-rings for seals)and the set up was changed from 3 fuel feeds to 2 fuel feeds.
    I dont know if your VM carbs have the casting present for the fuel feed relocation, though, and this probably isn't a simpler way to do it.
    DG

Quote from Vanna White

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...VannaWhite.jpg

Fishhead Big Brakes
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/dgfischer/Fishhead%20Big%20BRakes/?albumview=slideshow

Sponsored Links