making a bike look like a cafe bike
Close

This is a discussion on making a bike look like a cafe bike within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; alright, so i look at bikes that are still stock and then look at cafe bikes.... the cafe bikes just look so simple and empty, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

alright, so i look at bikes that are still stock and then look at cafe bikes.... the cafe bikes just look so simple and empty, just engine, frame, and a seat. whereas a stock bike has a bunch of wiring mess everywhere, panels, big fenders, ect. i am wondering what i can and cant take out to make a bike look 'empty' like i was talking about... and also, can you take out the electric start on a bike? if so, how much of a pain is it???

yea you can, but to avoid being flamed... you should delete this post.
    honk if youre horny.

yea you can, but to avoid being flamed... you should delete this post.
    honk if youre horny.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

tex - good advice!
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

tex - good advice!
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special

tonupoakland - Do you have pictures of your R69S and Duc? Post them or direct me to where you may have post them in the past. (my attempt to change the subject of this thread).

tonupoakland - Do you have pictures of your R69S and Duc? Post them or direct me to where you may have post them in the past. (my attempt to change the subject of this thread).

Yo Pete -

Here are a few pics...the Ducati is a work in progress. I got it as a big ol turd, but the motor is strong. I'm just finishing a whole new front end with a Cerianni 35mm GP dual disc setup, 10" discs, AP Racing calipers, Morrad wheel and billet hub, Tomaselli clip-ons, polished triple clamps...looks amazing. Have also ripped off the shitty tires, repaired the stator, did some work on the carb, all new cables, etc. Basically just made it rideable before I start the real work of ripping it down, paint, new tank, seats, fenders, etc. Once I get the front end back from my machine ship I'll put up a thread in the projects section.

The BMW I'm keeping bone stock...she's all original and is a beauty. I need to give it a top end soon, and will probably do the slingers as well. The only thing not pictured here is the addition of a matching Denfield rear seat.

Also in one of the photos is my '58 Vespa...upgraded to a 200cc motor, 4 speed transmission. It's pretty damn quick on those little 8" tires!

Lastly - a few Ducati single pics for inspiration. The green one is what I'm modeling mine on, and the red one...well...that's just fuckin hot. Love the exhaust.

Anyhow - enjoy!

1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special

Yo Pete -

Here are a few pics...the Ducati is a work in progress. I got it as a big ol turd, but the motor is strong. I'm just finishing a whole new front end with a Cerianni 35mm GP dual disc setup, 10" discs, AP Racing calipers, Morrad wheel and billet hub, Tomaselli clip-ons, polished triple clamps...looks amazing. Have also ripped off the shitty tires, repaired the stator, did some work on the carb, all new cables, etc. Basically just made it rideable before I start the real work of ripping it down, paint, new tank, seats, fenders, etc. Once I get the front end back from my machine ship I'll put up a thread in the projects section.

The BMW I'm keeping bone stock...she's all original and is a beauty. I need to give it a top end soon, and will probably do the slingers as well. The only thing not pictured here is the addition of a matching Denfield rear seat.

Also in one of the photos is my '58 Vespa...upgraded to a 200cc motor, 4 speed transmission. It's pretty damn quick on those little 8" tires!

Lastly - a few Ducati single pics for inspiration. The green one is what I'm modeling mine on, and the red one...well...that's just fuckin hot. Love the exhaust.

Anyhow - enjoy!

1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special

Both of those are very nice. I don't even think I'd worry about changing the ducati. It looks good the way it is.

Joe
    SBRacing
    CO-OH Vinmoto
    nothing to see here...please move along

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links