Cafe Racer Forum banner

Coil issue I think

819 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  cb750k4 
#1 ·
Okay so when I built my bike the starter button was shoot so I thought I would just put a remote button in at a latter date. The date came about a week ago and when I(like a dumb ass) tuched the two starter wires together to test it out before I started taking things apart I had problems. I blew my every lamp filliment on the bike as well as the taillight and headlight fuses and the winker relay. Now that all my lamps have been replaced and the relay that is all working but I don't seem to be getting a spark. I am getting power to the black wire with a white stripe that takes power to the coils but not getting spark.
Bike is a 1974 honda cb750k.
Help.......Please.....
I know there are guys out there smarter than I.
Thanks
Del

#6 ·
Okay so I have done some more digging around on the web and now I know a bit about this CDI unit and what it does but I can not find a thing about where it is on my bike or how to test it. I have been going thru Honda micro film for over an hour and can not find anything called a CDI to even find out where it would be one my bike. The other thing is it sounds like this CDI can handle an ungodly amount of power so I don't know how it would have got enough power to burn up with just a 12 volt battery hooked up. It's not like I was jump starting it or anything. I litteraly turned it on to let my buddy hear the new exhaust one night and then tuched the starter wires together for less than a second to see if it would spin and not I got shit. I will check the points to see if I have power there or not but can not check the CDI until I find out how to test one without the bike running, or even knowing where the hell it is.

#7 ·
Okay so I have done some more digging around on the web and now I know a bit about this CDI unit and what it does but I can not find a thing about where it is on my bike or how to test it. I have been going thru Honda micro film for over an hour and can not find anything called a CDI to even find out where it would be one my bike. The other thing is it sounds like this CDI can handle an ungodly amount of power so I don't know how it would have got enough power to burn up with just a 12 volt battery hooked up. It's not like I was jump starting it or anything. I litteraly turned it on to let my buddy hear the new exhaust one night and then tuched the starter wires together for less than a second to see if it would spin and not I got shit. I will check the points to see if I have power there or not but can not check the CDI until I find out how to test one without the bike running, or even knowing where the hell it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.