new racer to be... hopefully
Close

This is a discussion on new racer to be... hopefully within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Alright guys, ive been a honda mechanic and riding modern bikes aggressively for years now and ive been through a few vintage machines and have ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Alright guys, ive been a honda mechanic and riding modern bikes aggressively for years now and ive been through a few vintage machines and have learned to love the beasts! i sold my 71 CL350 hoping to find something similar in the future with a racebike in mind. well i was holding out for another 350 or maybe a smaller 2 stroke but ended up buying a 75 CL200T to help a friend with financial issues. I just spent the last few hours searchng through AHRMA and WERA rules to find out that my "new to me" bike is too "new" to compete in any class other than with modern bikes. Im not looking to win but i also dont want to be in the way. Sooo, if anyone here is interested in a good condition, running 75 CB200T, i'm looking to work out a trade for a running machine that i can enter into SOME class. doesnt have to be pretty, but id like something running and in rideable condition. I'm gonna include a pic in this post but i can take more upon request via email. If I dont sell it soon I guess I'll make a winter project/poseur bike out of it to sell asap. Id like something to prep sooner than later but id also like alot of other things that im not ever gonna get. I live in Lynchburg, VA.

What do I know, I\'m just a f*#king motorcycle mechanic?!

Wise decision to sell it. They are a bit of a dog. Slower and heavier than the CB175 that does fit into numerous vintage classes. But they make fine vintage commuter bike, and that one looks very complete and in good shape.
    Hope you find something to race vintage, it's a lot of fun, specially on smaller, less expensive, easier to maintain models like Honda twins.
    JohnnyB

Christian, I would be interested in a trade. Email me, and maybe we can work something out.
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

bill johnson....paging bill johnson!!!

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Who's that guy that did a sweet CB200 cafe around here a year or so ago?

Ok guys, sorry but looks like im gonna hang on to the cb200 for now. JP, thanks for the offer, nice bike but it looks like if i get a cb360 i wont be able to race with my friends on their 350's. the good news is that i now have an sl350 to prep for racing. im looking toward WERA. I think im going to make a bar hopper/poseur caferacer out of the cb200 with the intent of keeping the stock parts in my closet. I know the SL frame is different than the CB but im wondering whether i should do the standard frame welding that ive seen done on the cb350 racers. First thing im doing is going through the 350 engine. by looking at parts fiche it seems that cb and sl camshafts have different profiles and im going to try to use the cb cam with the cb750 chain and the a/m tensioner. While im waiting on engine parts i'll be stripping the frame down to bare metal and replacing bushings and bearings and figuring out which front end to use. i need to get a front end with an 18" wheel. Ive heard i should go for cb750 forks with some sort of drum wheel.
    What do I know, I\'m just a f*#king motorcycle mechanic?!

cb 450 forks or a cb 550 front end... the 550 trees bolt on w 35mm tubes. a water buffalo front drum is great or t500 or a cb 450 drum are decent drum brakes

do it
    latered

the sl bottom end is not as stout as the cb/l. fomr hat i remember, the trans has narrower gears.

the frame is buildable as a racer.....but most people choose not to go that route. im not sure if the geometry, or what. i like the twin down tube. most people here have built the cb/l. but im sure there is a shit ton of info out there to build an sl. chec the eurospares site for sure.

i have however seen quite a few sl roadracers.

go for it!

sl frame is way better construction than the cb frame... throw a kit on it
    latered

uh oh.....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links