19 " race tyres, yo
Close

19 " race tyres, yo

This is a discussion on 19 " race tyres, yo within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So what's the tire of choice for the Period 2 class, specifically my CB450. I had some Goodyear DTs that I ran on my supermotard ...

FR

19 " race tyres, yo

So what's the tire of choice for the Period 2 class, specifically my CB450. I had some Goodyear DTs that I ran on my supermotard bike at NHIS, and Jerry said they were borderline for his track, he thought that they were a bit too "coarse", which I found hard to believe. Is there a restriction on tire choices, besides treaded only?
    Anyway, planning ahead, so I need a lead on a supplier.
    Also thinking about running the aforementioned supermotard in the Singles class. It's an '86 XL600. Think they'll let me in?

FR

FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

19inch race tyres are hard to come by, but Avon has one. You can run whatever you want for tyres, Frank C is still running the same pair from the 60's.

The 600 will be fine in the Singles class.

Aaron

I'll vouch for the Avon brand. I've raced with RoadRunners and the AM series and had reasonable results. Pete T can probly get FR hooked up with the Avons he needs right?

Z

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i was under the impression that the motardy things were NOT going to be allowed in singles this year . . . . . .

FR
    I'm going to re-convert the XL600 from a motardy thing to a roadracy thing, I think. It's not competitive against the 450s anymore. I know I'm up against them in the singles class too, but I'm hoping there will be some older iron out there that I can race with. The only thing is, my wheel choices are 19" front and rear, or 21" front, 17" rear, and the 21/17 choice is the original wheels which are kinda narrow. I ran this bike at NHIS in 2002 with the Dirttrack 19" tires, and it felt fine, but I don't know if they'll let me run those on the full track. I think it's a wm3 front and wm4 rear.

FR

Sponsored Links