F1 / MotoGP Track on hold - Page 2
Close

F1 / MotoGP Track on hold

This is a discussion on F1 / MotoGP Track on hold within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Speaking of AHRMA could someone make a sticky so we can start to collect next year's club-racing schedules here on cafe racer... so I don't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Speaking of AHRMA could someone make a sticky so we can start to collect next year's club-racing schedules here on cafe racer... so I don't have to go anywhere else...

USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA have released their schedules.

Best
    Karl

Shocker! [:0]

Why in the hell would they have started building if there wasn't a contract in place?

If the contract holder had the ability to use is at another venue (not clear if thats the case or not), then the idiots in Austin are just that, idiots. They should have covered their asses loonnnnng before it got to this.

With the economy being what it is I'm not holding my breath for the race in NJ to be all they hope, but it has a way better chance of getting the numbers than an event in Texas ever could, would or did. Christ, Indy was gasping for air a couple years before it died, and that's INDY!!! (Yes, I know, it was George who F'd it up. BS. Bottom line was the revenue wasn't there), Who the hell wants to go to Austin when they can go to NYC?

Eh,
    1988 FZ600

Shocker! [:0]

Why in the hell would they have started building if there wasn't a contract in place?

If the contract holder had the ability to use is at another venue (not clear if thats the case or not), then the idiots in Austin are just that, idiots. They should have covered their asses loonnnnng before it got to this.

With the economy being what it is I'm not holding my breath for the race in NJ to be all they hope, but it has a way better chance of getting the numbers than an event in Texas ever could, would or did. Christ, Indy was gasping for air a couple years before it died, and that's INDY!!! (Yes, I know, it was George who F'd it up. BS. Bottom line was the revenue wasn't there), Who the hell wants to go to Austin when they can go to NYC?

Eh,
    1988 FZ600

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

So the race promoter can't guarantee the F1 appearance fee. Seems like someone would have checked on that first.

Austin's nice but in more of a frisbee golfing, hackey sacking kind way than a major motorsports way. If I were running F1 I'd choose NYC for a race. And I'd cut my hair.

So the race promoter can't guarantee the F1 appearance fee. Seems like someone would have checked on that first.

Austin's nice but in more of a frisbee golfing, hackey sacking kind way than a major motorsports way. If I were running F1 I'd choose NYC for a race. And I'd cut my hair.

the track will be built. it just wont be done on time for f1. thats what they are getting at.

karl....done

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

the track will be built. it just wont be done on time for f1. thats what they are getting at.

karl....done

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Easy on the hackey sack reference. We kicked the hippies out a long time ago.They can't afford Austin anymore after the rush of West coasters and North easterners moved in and raised the rent. There are tons of folks in the south central part of the country that would love to support road racing and Austin is a town that is well prepared for major crowds coming to town all year round.Tons of places to stay and great food everywhere. You can't knock NYC for being a great town but hotels are over priced and who wants to stay in New Jersey! Hopefully after a year or so AHRMA will get it together and come back to TEXAS and race at F1.
    Ricky P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links