F1 / MotoGP Track on hold
Close

This is a discussion on F1 / MotoGP Track on hold within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Don't quite understand the holdup...something between the track owner and race promoter. The article mentions an F1 race in NY/NJ in 2013. I'm guessing that's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't quite understand the holdup...something between the track owner and race promoter. The article mentions an F1 race in NY/NJ in 2013. I'm guessing that's on the streets?

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/f1-tr...tion-suspended

track owners don't have a contract for a F1 race.....so no need to build or finish a track if there is no chance for a race to be held there. texas won't cut their share until a contract is produced, because their share is insured by future tax receipts collected by thousands of spectators coming to the race. nj race stole the wind from their sails....no texas isn't as important.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

track owners don't have a contract for a F1 race.....so no need to build or finish a track if there is no chance for a race to be held there. texas won't cut their share until a contract is produced, because their share is insured by future tax receipts collected by thousands of spectators coming to the race. nj race stole the wind from their sails....no texas isn't as important.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

the inevitable law suits will end up costing more than the expense of finishing the track.

a dedicated track has way more potential to racing as a sport than a street course in north jersey. especially in the bergen area. from a business stand point all i would look at is the amount of people it will draw/potential cash it will make. so for f1 holdings, its a no brainer to leverage it against texas and tell track of the americas to fuck off if they have the swagger. which they do. the ny race has the potential to be as big as any street race anyplace imo.

one thing many people dont realize is, majority owner of f1 holdings is a jersey based investment bank. im sure they will have a very pimpin suite.

and who really knows for sure whats going on behind the scenes.

i know this much, the irl race in baltimore in september, that will likely be the last one. total cluster fuck. lawsuits, unpaid vendors, missing money....the works....the race is more in the news locally now that it was before it happened.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

the inevitable law suits will end up costing more than the expense of finishing the track.

a dedicated track has way more potential to racing as a sport than a street course in north jersey. especially in the bergen area. from a business stand point all i would look at is the amount of people it will draw/potential cash it will make. so for f1 holdings, its a no brainer to leverage it against texas and tell track of the americas to fuck off if they have the swagger. which they do. the ny race has the potential to be as big as any street race anyplace imo.

one thing many people dont realize is, majority owner of f1 holdings is a jersey based investment bank. im sure they will have a very pimpin suite.

and who really knows for sure whats going on behind the scenes.

i know this much, the irl race in baltimore in september, that will likely be the last one. total cluster fuck. lawsuits, unpaid vendors, missing money....the works....the race is more in the news locally now that it was before it happened.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

...hasn't motoGP already agreed to start racing there in 2012?

...hasn't motoGP already agreed to start racing there in 2012?

It'll be kind of tough to race those bikes on dirt. This is almost like AHRMA scheduling races two years in a row on tracks that aren't built yet.

It'll be kind of tough to race those bikes on dirt. This is almost like AHRMA scheduling races two years in a row on tracks that aren't built yet.

Speaking of AHRMA could someone make a sticky so we can start to collect next year's club-racing schedules here on cafe racer... so I don't have to go anywhere else...

USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA have released their schedules.

Best
    Karl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links