CB350 race build questions - Page 2
Close

CB350 race build questions

This is a discussion on CB350 race build questions within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Putting the forks on your frame should be no problem. I would think that you could adapt a stock cb 350 wheel to the xl ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Putting the forks on your frame should be no problem. I would think that you could adapt a stock cb 350 wheel to the xl forks. You may have to come up with spacers if the space between the fork legs isn't the same. You will have to come up with a brake stay possibly.This type of stuff will be common place if you start mixing and matching. Do you have any kind of fabrication skills? Or friends that do? If you hang out here for awhile you may find a lot of folks on here in your area. There were several 350 racer projects on here try to search them out. Two members I can think of are Keith 99 and I think it's Ron Bloker,lots of details. This was a cb350 racer haven ask reasonable questions and you will be able to get some pretty good advice. Are you new to racing? The more people know the better they can answer your questions.

bfd
    That XL fork has no traditional brake stay mount so you must make one. The axle is parts from 2 different Hondas. I don't know which 2. I had a whole bin of axles and juggled until I found a combination that worked.

bfd
    That XL fork has no traditional brake stay mount so you must make one. The axle is parts from 2 different Hondas. I don't know which 2. I had a whole bin of axles and juggled until I found a combination that worked.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

the cb550 is a popular choice as well, works well, easy fit up,

the cb550 is a popular choice as well, works well, easy fit up,

quote:Originally posted by lonewolf

Do you have any kind of fabrication skills? Or friends that do? If you hang out here for awhile you may find a lot of folks on here in your area.
    Are you new to racing? The more people know the better they can answer your questions.

Lonewolf thanks for the advice, yes I am new to racing I am actually building this bike to take the uscra class. My fabrication skills are limited but I do have some experience, I can make spacers and fabricate other minor parts on the lathe. I have access a bridgeport mill and south bend lathe at my shop along with a full metal shop. Also have people that will help me out. Just not much time. Not sure the xl350 front end is the one I want, what would I need to fabricate for the brake stay?

Thanks everyone for the advice, keep it coming. I am in search of the front end now,
    USCRA 127

quote:Originally posted by lonewolf

Do you have any kind of fabrication skills? Or friends that do? If you hang out here for awhile you may find a lot of folks on here in your area.
    Are you new to racing? The more people know the better they can answer your questions.

Lonewolf thanks for the advice, yes I am new to racing I am actually building this bike to take the uscra class. My fabrication skills are limited but I do have some experience, I can make spacers and fabricate other minor parts on the lathe. I have access a bridgeport mill and south bend lathe at my shop along with a full metal shop. Also have people that will help me out. Just not much time. Not sure the xl350 front end is the one I want, what would I need to fabricate for the brake stay?

Thanks everyone for the advice, keep it coming. I am in search of the front end now,
    USCRA 127

cb550. easy and lots of em out there. youll need to make axle spacers. i cant find the threads, tons of them here, but i like to grind out the welds, then press the stems out of the lower clamps. then swap em. then you just drop the bearings on. no messing with shims or spacer or anything. youll need to cut off the steering stop and make new ones on the frame.

not sure what the cheap brake is now a days. used to be cb450. you could get them for 50 bucks or less back when i was searching. but ive gone buffalo now.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

cb550. easy and lots of em out there. youll need to make axle spacers. i cant find the threads, tons of them here, but i like to grind out the welds, then press the stems out of the lower clamps. then swap em. then you just drop the bearings on. no messing with shims or spacer or anything. youll need to cut off the steering stop and make new ones on the frame.

not sure what the cheap brake is now a days. used to be cb450. you could get them for 50 bucks or less back when i was searching. but ive gone buffalo now.

hey travis, are you the reason rosko is calling me???

queens is nice. spent some time there last summer. awesome part of ny.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links