CB350 race build questions - Page 3
Close

CB350 race build questions

This is a discussion on CB350 race build questions within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; hey travis, are you the reason rosko is calling me??? queens is nice. spent some time there last summer. awesome part of ny....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    hey travis, are you the reason rosko is calling me???

queens is nice. spent some time there last summer. awesome part of ny.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Let's take a step back for a minute. The USCRA school is August 18th. You don't have a lot of time to jerk around with trying to make your final fork selection and new front brake selection. Change the fluids in the bike as it sits. Make sure all the cables are in good shape. Tune it completely so it's running 100%. Throw some rear sets and clip-ons on it. Safety wire everything. Including stuff you don't think needs to be safety wired. Take the school on a completely stock bike and have fun. Then change it when you've got more time.

You try to get a new brake at this point and send it to Vintage Brake - or anywhere - to get the drum turned and you'll never get it back in time for your race school.

Just my advice.

Craig

Let's take a step back for a minute. The USCRA school is August 18th. You don't have a lot of time to jerk around with trying to make your final fork selection and new front brake selection. Change the fluids in the bike as it sits. Make sure all the cables are in good shape. Tune it completely so it's running 100%. Throw some rear sets and clip-ons on it. Safety wire everything. Including stuff you don't think needs to be safety wired. Take the school on a completely stock bike and have fun. Then change it when you've got more time.

You try to get a new brake at this point and send it to Vintage Brake - or anywhere - to get the drum turned and you'll never get it back in time for your race school.

Just my advice.

Craig

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

id say this is a next season project. i mean....just guessing.....

id say this is a next season project. i mean....just guessing.....

Joe C
    I don't think Rosko is calling you about me, unless he hasn't mentioned it to me.
    Thanks for the advice, I am on the hunt for a cb550 front end.
    Next season before I get all the mods on for sure, but would like to get the bike ready stock for the school in the meantime.

Craig641
    Yes I have already taken a step back and am not planning on doing all these mods before the class. Trying to do exactly what you recommending, just a couple issues so far maybe you can help. As for the clip ons on a 1969 cb350, the top part of my forks where the clip-ons would clip on are tapered since my bike has the external fork springs. Any tips on putting clip ons on my bike? Then any recommendations on rear sets? I see a few different types on Ebay, not sure which are better or will be easier to just mount to my 350.

Thanks everyone

USCRA 127

Joe C
    I don't think Rosko is calling you about me, unless he hasn't mentioned it to me.
    Thanks for the advice, I am on the hunt for a cb550 front end.
    Next season before I get all the mods on for sure, but would like to get the bike ready stock for the school in the meantime.

Craig641
    Yes I have already taken a step back and am not planning on doing all these mods before the class. Trying to do exactly what you recommending, just a couple issues so far maybe you can help. As for the clip ons on a 1969 cb350, the top part of my forks where the clip-ons would clip on are tapered since my bike has the external fork springs. Any tips on putting clip ons on my bike? Then any recommendations on rear sets? I see a few different types on Ebay, not sure which are better or will be easier to just mount to my 350.

Thanks everyone

USCRA 127

You may want to look into clubmans to get you started. Upgrade to clip-ons when you get the forks you finally want. That'll save you from buying two different sizes of clip-ons. I got a set of rearsets from this place - http://www.loadedguncustoms.com/shop I use them on my Bridgestone and they seem to work pretty well. You can probably find cheaper on ebay from a modern bike but this is an easy solution.

You may want to look into clubmans to get you started. Upgrade to clip-ons when you get the forks you finally want. That'll save you from buying two different sizes of clip-ons. I got a set of rearsets from this place - http://www.loadedguncustoms.com/shop I use them on my Bridgestone and they seem to work pretty well. You can probably find cheaper on ebay from a modern bike but this is an easy solution.

hey travis, glad to see you are building the bike!

dont forget, you can walk to my garage from yours...

markus
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links