CB350 race build questions
Close

This is a discussion on CB350 race build questions within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi I am starting to put together a race bike for the USCRA Formula CB350 class. I have a 1969 cb350, and am trying to ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hi I am starting to put together a race bike for the USCRA Formula CB350 class.
    I have a 1969 cb350, and am trying to figure out what front end I should put on it.
    Was thinking of cb500T front end but they are not easy to come by. So I am thinking
    of using the front end from another cb that has 35mm forks. Any suggestions?
    Also would love any advice/tips anyone wants to give me.
    Thanks
    USCRA 127

Fill out yer bio.
    Where ya from?
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

Fill out yer bio.
    Where ya from?
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Easy fix for instant satisfaction.Buy it now price on a set of XL350 forks and triple clamps on e bay $124.99.Not mine ,I just did a quick search. 35 mm,double bolts on the lower clamp and four bolts to pinch the axle at the bottom of each leg. I have run these type forks on my FCB for about the last four years. Easy fit just buy the tapered bearing set,or not if your bearings are in good shape and fit a cb450 or cb77 hub.

Easy fix for instant satisfaction.Buy it now price on a set of XL350 forks and triple clamps on e bay $124.99.Not mine ,I just did a quick search. 35 mm,double bolts on the lower clamp and four bolts to pinch the axle at the bottom of each leg. I have run these type forks on my FCB for about the last four years. Easy fit just buy the tapered bearing set,or not if your bearings are in good shape and fit a cb450 or cb77 hub.

quote:Originally posted by lonewolf

Great Thanks a lot, is there much difference between the xl350 front end and the cb500T performance wise? Also you are saying I couldn't use my 69 cb350 front wheel/drum with the xl350 front end?
    Thanks again I really appreciate it.
    USCRA 127

quote:Originally posted by lonewolf

Great Thanks a lot, is there much difference between the xl350 front end and the cb500T performance wise? Also you are saying I couldn't use my 69 cb350 front wheel/drum with the xl350 front end?
    Thanks again I really appreciate it.
    USCRA 127

The 350 drum is useless Get a 450 drum or a 305 drum or a water buffalo drum.
    latered

The 350 drum is useless Get a 450 drum or a 305 drum or a water buffalo drum.
    latered

Putting the forks on your frame should be no problem. I would think that you could adapt a stock cb 350 wheel to the xl forks. You may have to come up with spacers if the space between the fork legs isn't the same. You will have to come up with a brake stay possibly.This type of stuff will be common place if you start mixing and matching. Do you have any kind of fabrication skills? Or friends that do? If you hang out here for awhile you may find a lot of folks on here in your area. There were several 350 racer projects on here try to search them out. Two members I can think of are Keith 99 and I think it's Ron Bloker,lots of details. This was a cb350 racer haven ask reasonable questions and you will be able to get some pretty good advice. Are you new to racing? The more people know the better they can answer your questions.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links