"FR's" Son rides a Vintage Montesa Flat Tracker.
Close

This is a discussion on "FR's" Son rides a Vintage Montesa Flat Tracker. within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Member "FR" son Scott got to ride a vintage Cappra 250VR Flat tracker Sat for the 1st time it's been out since early 80's. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Name:  Scott on Pete's montesa T1.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  86.7 KBMember "FR" son Scott got to ride a vintage Cappra 250VR Flat tracker Sat for the 1st time it's been out since early 80's. He did great for never even sitting on it until the AM. Got 5 laps of practice then went out and got 3rd in his heat and 2nd in the Feature. We got to talk with one of the builders / racers of the bike too it was a fun day.
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Scott is an amazingly talented rider. I really think he could be at the top of the pro level if he had the bike and the sponsorship.

BTW, Scott is SRR on this board and roomates with bobdog.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Yes he is very talented that why i asked him to ride it as i could not do it justis it needed for the memorial races for it's former owner /rider / co-builder. I can't wait to try it out myself.

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

SRR
    Hey Tony, thanks for the note! Can't wait to see some more of Jane's photos.

I had a blast riding that Montesa, it's probably the scariest race bike I've ever ridden. But really, I'm glad I could do it justice, it was an honor to get to ride Pete's bike at that race. I'm not a spiritual guy, but I'd allow that Pete had a presence there during that feature race. Maybe that's how I managed to put that thing in second place... I seriously couldn't have hoped for a better result there.

So thanks again for the opportunity for that ride. You did a hell of a nice job getting it up and running, and I know everyone who came to the race appreciated it just as much as me. If I were you, I wouldn't change a thing.
    Flattrackin.

Yeah SRR, rippin it! Way to go man.
    Keegan Reed
    USCRA #777
    www.TheDailyRider.com

Wish I could get the photo upload on FB to work at the house but for some reason it never finishes... Might just have to post them here now that I know your here too. I wish I had time to get his Buel Blast FT bike ready but I think the Montesa was the better choice as he raced it himself not just built it for others to race. For those of you who didn't know Our friend Pete Giammalvo was confined to a wheel chair his last 24 years of life (non racing accident) but continued to promote Flat Track racing as the owner of the New England Dirt Track Series and the Wachusett Valley Riders Club. Pete passed in Dec of 2011. His Track re-opened this year. This race was the 1st annual memorial race.

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Oh SSR. I don't plan on changing much except when needed. Like the dome in the head has a few detonations marks that I will re-surface out of just clean up another head and swap it on.

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

SRR
    Yeah, and maybe some new tires, if you can get modern rubber to fit. I actually have an 18" Dunlop K180 flattrack tire, not as good as the real race tires but possibly better than a 30y.o. Carlisle.

Keegan, the Daily Rider livery sure would look good on a flattrack bike, just sayin'...
    Flattrackin.

30y.o. Carlisle your not kinding think he said it was around 74 when he put that set on....

you think dropping 2 theeth on the rear would be about right? Theres a 58 on it now.

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

SRR
    Quote Originally Posted by 44dwarf View Post
    you think dropping 2 theeth on the rear would be about right? Theres a 58 on it now.
    Yes. I think if you did that, you might be able to ride the whole track in third without shifting, but even if you still grab 4th on the straights it'd probably pull harder. I think I was in the upper end of the powerband most of the time.
    Flattrackin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links