Honda CB250 K4 -72 racer mods - Page 2
Close

Honda CB250 K4 -72 racer mods

This is a discussion on Honda CB250 K4 -72 racer mods within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The CB250 seemed to be slightly faster than last year. Now some minor problems. New fairing, clipon and clutch lever needed. I think I'll borrow ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Honda CB250 K4 -72 racer mods

The CB250 seemed to be slightly faster than last year. Now some minor problems. New fairing, clipon and clutch lever needed. I think I'll borrow the foam filters from the Vincent. If son will go out in the gravel again, some sand might find its way into the engine.

Tried to explain to the enduro son that roadracing shall be on the track, not beside it.
    Name:  After practise.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  158.8 KB

That looks familiar. We used to take boxes of spare parts to every race and of course the part you need is always the one part you don't have with you. That clip on is pretty bent. Don't remember doing that to a bike. How did it happen?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Just an ordinary lowsider in a lefthander. Front wheel slipped. He said he was going a bit too fast. Low track temperature ( about 5 centigrade ).

A short update on the Honda 250. Bought two fairings for the Honda and one for the Norton. Cheaper shipping from UK that way. One is on the Honda, painted about the same as the previous one. I did one race but had some front brake problem. Solved it and did another race. Made a big mistake so it stopped at the start line. Eventually got it started. Was one third lap after the other. Managed to get past some others rider anyhow. Must have been a bit angry, because best lap speed was 4 seconds better than previous year. Then my son did a fairly good race on it while I was away to watch the isle ofMan classic TT. As the Honda was going well, it was simply stored away in a barn. Me busy with other bikes and my truckdriving son earning his living transporting stuff like army tanks, really big loaders, diggers and windmill gearboxes. You won't believe it but those gearboxes wheights 60 tons. He bought a Suzuki RG classic race bike which we has prepared. He tried it on a track day, seized on second lap. If any interest, I might make a thread on it.
    Back to the Honda. We took off the dust sheet, filled air in tyres and petrol in the tank. Charged the battery and put it on the newly bought roller starter. Ok, so it went in the race van. The Norton went in soon after.

that is a beautiful 250 mike
    hope you dont mind me posting this link here but it is my friends in sweden
    they race the cb's and are building the cyb
    i sold them some engine parts nos crankshaft ,piston,super radical cam,rockers etc all very speacial parts
    i am the kenny guy they mention on the "motor" page Honda CYB350 RSC Projekt | ClassicRoadRacing.se
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 08-28-2018 at 02:42 PM.

A quick check in the entrance list tells that only #22 Johan will be there this weekend.

Mike,
    How easy is it for a foreign rider to classic race in your series? My wife's parents live in Bergen, Norway and when we visit, it might be fun to go racing. I have US racing licenses from a variety of sanctioning organizations.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

I think it should be possible quite easily as US riders do compete at different levels in different motorsports. The following link gives a pair of race invitations in english.
    Tävlingsinbjudningar 2018 | MCHK-Racing
    There is a couple of email addresses in them to people who should be able to give correct answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 40M View Post
    He bought a Suzuki RG classic race bike which we has prepared. He tried it on a track day, seized on second lap. If any interest, I might make a thread on it.
    Please make a thread on the RG.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links