wednesday with 101 expert?
Close

This is a discussion on wednesday with 101 expert? within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; anyone going?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anyone going?

Inertial dynos just make people cranky

Haven't decided yet. But I am leaning towards going. I really need more confidence building track time before I play with you big guys.

Just sold the gsx600 so have a little cash to spend on the hobby. I need to call the red roof and see if there are any openings.

Are you going?

Jack

A nice alternative to a track day is the open testing at NHIS

http://nhis.com/news07.html

All the track time you need and only $100.00

JS

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

been there, the biggest issue is you are out there with crazy verry fast people.

Like Champ?

Jeff

i'm signed up for wednesday. i have done a couple of the open test thursdays when the modern bikes weren't racing that weekend,not crowded at all. joe ruth

I'm signed up, got the room, ready to go! Any others going?

Turn 3 will be conquered!

not if you are

WOW. A warm dry track. 65-70 degrees, green track, only about 50-60 bikes, 12 in the "USCRA" C class contingent. JB< I wish you lived closer. Champ showed up for the morning for encouragement, as he was playing hookey from work. We got your bosses number, Champo.

There were 4 "vintage" there, me, Crash camelhairy, Jack C. and Joe Ruth. Jack had to have Fran k fix his broken shifter after two laps. Everyone else had tire warmers on . . . . I don't think there were any serious crashes (Means we weren't going fast enough) and Frank and I worked on blocking procedures to keep Champ out of ULSV running next week.

The MT125 ran sweet, keeping up with Franks 175, and for the last 8 laps passing 900 ducs and FZR's or what ever they were was the balls.

See ya all on Monday. I got my dry practice in. Jack C, hang in there, and Kudos and thanks to your son for corner working. They get no thanks, all they do is stand there and wave flags all day. Bring him back. (I htink there were only two cornerworkers there . . . Sandy, Jack's son, and John Owen, Photographer.

Evil (My leathers finally dried out.)

Like Evil said, what a day! Camel Hairy took me around many times. I would think, hell, we really going fast! Then Frank would put his hand on his hip in a turn and look back at me. Here I am working as hard as I can and Franks riding with no hands.....oh well, we all start somewhere.

While my son has no interest in motorcycles he did enjoy the corner work and says he learned alot about racing and could tell who was good and who needed practice. Seems like Sandy taught him some of the finer points of corner workers. I think I will try corner working for those last two races of the year, since I won't ride after August 15th, which just happens to be the next 101 expert track day.

Remember to tighten ALL the nuts and bolts on your bike, and safty wire everything you can. If it wasn't for Franks much appreciated help (along with Champ and Evils heavy looking on, with pointers) on my shifter mechanism I would have paid over $400 for 3 laps around the track.

I was really neat seeing Frank and Evil, both with little 125's blowing away guys on 1000cc rockets.

All in all, an excellent day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links