that place in november
Close

that place in november

This is a discussion on that place in november within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; (rough config highlighted is as run in test, does not convey elevation changes) BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK. www.NYCvinMoto.com www.VinMoto.org...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

that place in november

(rough config highlighted is as run in test, does not convey elevation changes)

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
    www.NYCvinMoto.com
    www.VinMoto.org

I'm actually trying to figure a way to make that race.
    Might be fun if the weather holds out.
    JohnnyB

other things ive heard. the longest safe track layout is less than a mile. (ive heard just over 3/4 mile) i also heard there is no highspeed stuff. all under say 4th gear max most of it being 2nd gear. before you guys all decide to go committing to this, ya better make sure its going to be worthwhile. its not far from me, but im definitely not going to waste my time.

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Anyone know how long was the Frontierland course? That was short, technical, and a damn good fun even on my BMW. BFD and I raced with VRRA on a small track (St Croix) and left with smiles on our faces. I think its worth checking out, besides, where else are you going to road race in November?
    Wonder if we can bring the mini bikes and run the dirt course too. Now we're talking!

Jeff

i heard 8/10ths of a mile. and pretty much all 2nd gear, a little 3rd gear, and barely 4th on the straight. ill let you guys check it out. but im not going to commit until i know its worth doing,and so far, everything ive heard, to me at least, its not. theres a wera round at las vegas on nov 4th. (just giving you crap)

has there been an answer about camping? i dont see any garages, showers, or established pit areas there. much less electricity etc....just things to think about. i realize alot of us have generators, and are self reliant, but alot of people arent. alot of people dont have canopies and things like that. and it can still be cold, and or raining. ive heard summit refunds your $$$ if no tires touch the track for track days. jut seems like a big commitment for a pretty unusual thing.

jc

I typically gear my bikes so I use most of the gears regardless of track type.
    At Frontier on my 200 I'd max out in fifth with NHIS gearing...course the two "straights" were both kind of downhill.
    Roper said Frontier was one of the best races he'd been to. I enjoyed it because yeah, it was short and technical, and a track where a small bike, or a rider with skillz could do well against larger bikes.

Nelson Circuit at Shannonville can't be more than about a mile and it's a fun track. But yeah, I'd guess Etown in that layout is about 3/4 mile.
    I'd expect it to be pretty much like the old Frontier event in a lot of ways ( like the camping and such). I'd hate to see the club pay a lot for this event....unless they've done some more work since those photos were taken.
    JohnnyB

I'll agree that it will take some sorting out to make it viable but you shouldn't get too negative before you try it out. I'll even go so faras to bet you'd like it! Is it too far from you Joe? or its it just the 15th track within 5 hours of you? So jaded with your diverse track selection.

it'll need a bit of work but the owners seemed open to input. Yes, it is short but we could just do 8-10 laps instead. As for gearing? with a NH gearing if you came out of 12(or 13) onto the straight into 3rd you will definitely top 5th by the end of the straight. turn one ain't sht so keep on it.

another cool thing is the ability to run different configurations for diff classes. the config shown wouldn't work for say the modern 125's but there is another one that would. transformers yo.

that's all I got. y'all can sleep at the bowl if there ain't no camping. it'll be just as cold though.

www.NYCvinMoto.com
    www.VinMoto.org

Wish the race was on Sunday instead of Sat.
    Still...if the weather looks good, I'll try to make it. Looks like a fun, no pressure event.
    And we need to make a decent showing there.
    JohnnyB

What we need is some continuity.

I take it from the saturday comment that a date is set? Where did you get that? I have been checking the USCRA list regularly trying to gather any info I can... I have also been e-mailing AND calling Champ and the the big boss to offer my help with no luck. We really have a LOT of interest here in NYC but I don't have anything to work with. It will be hard to get any turnout without some advance notice.

so what day is it?

www.NYCvinMoto.com
    www.VinMoto.org

ya know, im not saying it cant be good for certain bikes etc. i cant imagine wrestling around a norton 750 or a big ducati around there. the red layout looks quite a bit safer than the regular layout. that keyhole entrance and exit corners look pretty dangerous the way they are. (but then t3 and 10 at louden i guess really arent that much worse) and im not saying no way am i going. but if im gonna pay the usual or more to race, and the track is just boring slow, id probably skip. especially if theres no place to stay easily. especially for a non points race at this point. if the turn outs are good, and the track is good, id probably do next year. it looks like its be awesome for the xrs though. the front straight at summit is just about 5/8 mile. just to put it into perspective. and id agree that it would be alot more attractive to me at least if there was a little more development then what you can see in the pics. also, if its gonna cost alot, why not look into summit for a date next year? i still dont get why not that. ive heard its not way expensive, and alot of the wera guys would probably show up.

jc

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links