Aaron,Dayton 2004 - Page 2
Close

Aaron,Dayton 2004

This is a discussion on Aaron,Dayton 2004 within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; jeeze, now i feel bad. i was just teasing him. oh well, im sure hell have something equally as mean to do back to me. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeeze, now i feel bad. i was just teasing him. oh well, im sure hell have something equally as mean to do back to me.

sorry john.

jc

quote:
    i sent off diffuser/metering tubes to that guy in maine this a.m. seems like a cool guy.

so really, whats up with johns bike?? no ones talking about it. what gives??

i think if chuck can get out and do the pitt area race, he'll probably be fine for daytona. dont ya think??
    The guy from is asctually very strange but is a nice guy.

I don't really know what's going on with John's bike.

If I thought you could do just the pitt area and be ok, I would have said Chuck just do the pitt area and it will be ok. I had to fax all my results from 2002 to race Daytona 2003 and that fact that I've been an AHRMA member for a few years probably helped as well.

Aaron

Who is the strange cool, guy in Maine?

Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Mike Hutchins.

really? i have talked to chris marshall about it and hes told me id probably be able to do it. but then again ive been hacking around at this for a few seasons now. i think the ahrma site also says something about mid o being the same deal. hmmm.

i wonder what the qualification is if you havent raced with them, but want to race daytona. like where do they draw the line. its also why i said he should contact them also.

still planning on doing summit??

j

Chris is an ARHMA official now, that's news to me. Am I speaking jibberish, the qualifications are on their rules page (2 prior AHRMA races). They will probably wave that if you have been running with another group (USCRA) for an equivalent amount of time. Pretty much show them that you've raced a few successful times and I'm sure you'll have no problem.

Summit is up in the air right now.

Aaron

no, but tim stancil is on the board of trustees for ahrma and he lives right around the corner from me. thats about as high as you can go with ahrma. chris is on the rules committe at wera v. hes actually protesting ahrma races now i think. they did give him 1k after his crash though. eh...he's his own guy.

if you ever get down this way, i have to see if i can get you a date at tims place. his garage/shop is amazing. its about a 4 car, 2 stories. he has lifts that pull bikes to the ceiling. he built it just for bikes. tooling welders and such. its in his backyard and its all perfectly landscaped etc..he and chris are pretty good friends. and you should see his race rig....oh my god, custom built deal just for bikes. really cool.

his family was a big flattrack family. they opened and ran the aberdeen race track that ran here for years. he has posters from just about every daredevil and local flattrack race that ever ran here. all of the way back through the 70's id say. they are just plastered all over his garage.

im going to do summit since im not going to come up for the granite state event. lets see, 2 hours to summit, 9 to louden...think you'll be doing any other events this season?? beaver run?? guess youre not doing mosport. either way, hope you can make summit. i'll probably try and do the spring race too. wera is supposed to be on the new track for the summit race in sept. i was told that if they dont get the new track done, which im pretty sure its not, they will be on the main track. so that'll be cool. ive only seen parts of it.

j

I emailed John Goodpastor at AHRMA and he said I had enough credendials to race at Daytona, he said they dont want new riders to start there racing careers at Daytona or Mid-O. So that gets me a little closer to MOTHER OF ALL RACES.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links