the build
Close

the build

This is a discussion on the build within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; well winter is around the corner (close enough)...... racing season is over (unless you are lucky enough to be going to barber or the GNF)...... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the build

the build

well winter is around the corner (close enough)......

racing season is over (unless you are lucky enough to be going to barber or the GNF)......

i think i'll actually get off my ass this year and get some things done on the racebikes. the V1 bike is all together, race proven, but needs some minor upgrades. i gotta open up the motor again to check around, but i think i will also install some CB450 engine studs into the motor.

i think i'll also install a fairing, and shave some of the tabs off, and look to loose a little weight here and there.

i also think that i'll blast (3) sets of cases. i got three sets already apart and the blaster set up....i figure if i take that next step it will force my hand to buy another parts washer so i can have a dirty tank and a pre-assembly wash tank. having three blasted, washed cases will hopefully lead to three new motors......i have most of the parts (just have to get two sets of 4th over pistons for the stockers). i want to build a backup V1 motor, and (2) FCB motors.

the FCB bike needs a little love. i figure a fairing, paint job, and mount the aluminum tank (gotta pound in the tunnel somehow). new rearsets, and weld some new hangers onto my THR jemco spare pipes. rebuild the CV carbs and reassemble.

both bikes need some paint, so i'll probably try to do that up in my bro's spray booth which is just up the road. nothing fancy, but hopefully better than the rattle can jobs i've become so used to.....

my dad has left for africa till december 23rd and has left me in charge of the shop. i guess when i get back from my road trip i'll move the tahoe and microbus out and set up a second bench. then it's time to get to work.

carlos has been after me to finish the engine work on his derbi and rieju, so i have to finish those as well.

i'll try to post pictures of my progress as i get them.

cheers,

texy

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Wow, there is no excuse for me to get one FCB bike in top racing form this winter. Simply no excuse give other folks "to do" lists.

Tex,
    I'm worried.

Should we make you a checklist?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Post pics of the microbus, too. My wife lusts after them.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

pete,

get crackin'! no excuses from anybody when VIR rolls around. everybody better have their programs tight and right as tt ain't gonna relent next year, baker will be in top form, john not that might show occasionally (especially if we tell him mini's can run), stan lipert is building a FCB, and i intend to make the grid again with a fresh bike and two fresh backup motors. we'll convince all the southern wera guys to show up on their FCB's and LWSV CB350 Hondas and have a ho-down (especially if you bring dashing dom). that grid could be one of the sickest CB350 races the country has ever seen.

rosko,

checklist....i don't need no stinkin' checklist. but thanks for thinking of me!

judey,

here's one:

lame pic...hard to see, in background between bmw rt100 and tahoe

i'll get a better pic next time i'm down there. it has been in the family since it rolled off the dealer floor in 1973. it's pretty freakin' awesome!

cheers to all, but i gotta go as there is tons of stuff to do.

texy

p.s. - i'll edit these posts of mine later to focus on the build project so this doesn't end up getting re-dick-u-lous.....maybe if it progresses the way i want it, i'll have a mod move it to the proper thread area.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

winter projects have begun here in chicago also. detabbed the new sportsman350/v1 frame tonight. grinder dust and burnt paint goes well with ipa and suicidal tendencies.
    scott from chicago
    (ahrma 527)

My Seca is going to get a 600 motor, so I need to freshen up my spare FJ motor and find some carbs.
    My CB350 has an electrical issue and needs new wheels built.
    I have 2 XL500s' that need one engine built and one that just needs to be put together for the street.
    I have 2 FZ600s that need t be set up for Supersport. One is my only running street bike and needs wheels. The other is a parts bike that I don't even know if it will run.
    I just got an FT500 Ascot that needs a little work but should sell pretty easily in the Spring.

I have too much to do. I'll post pics and a build thread.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Tex sent me some photos of his progress, I'm not supposed to but I cannot restrain myself:

Tex, FWIW I think that hardtail might count as frame bracing.

dig the road soda tex.
    scott from chicago
    (ahrma 527)

My winter builds....

Replacing the water pump on the Alfa.
    Getting the MX360 motor rebuilt now, and will slot it into the RD frame. I have most of the pieces I need, just need an ignition now. Is $380 a good price for a PVL?

Also have the YCS-1 project sitting in pieces in the basement.

The YZ parts are going to be grafted onto the TTR. Even the swingarm will fit, but I'm not sure of the rear tire size that'll fit on that swingarm.

The YZ80 motor will go in the Aprilia soon. Cheaper than buying crank/cylinder/pistons/carb from overseas. Much cheaper. And if the rules don't change to make it a constructors class, well then I run the Cosmo Cheaters class with Tannermatic. We'll get a fuckin trophy and everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links