Vintage Celebration
Close

Vintage Celebration

This is a discussion on Vintage Celebration within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so . . . no chatter about the director's email . . . . . no thoughts about the races 2 weeks away . . ...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Vintage Celebration

so . . . no chatter about the director's email . . . . . no thoughts about the races 2 weeks away . . .? Is any one going? I am looking forward to it . . . . two or three days away from it all . . .
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

what did he say that was any news? did he mention what the track configuration was going to be like? did he mention if you could sleep in a van by your garage? he did say trailers had to be out of the garage area. race areas are closed by 10. did he mention that you can't work on your bike late into the night if shit happens? three weeks ago we were promised information in a day or two.
    I'm in a shitty mood after reading: http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=829.

This is my second year here and see last year was no fluke. The information comes out like a rusty ol' leaky faucet, slow and not very clear.
    I guess I'll do what I did last year, show up, cross my fingers and see which way the wind blows. Sorry for bitchin'. But I'm also psyched to get racing!!! I've been wating all fall and winter - seems like forever. I'm ready to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i didn't recieve an email? is there something on that yahoo list of importance? i'm out for this one...

-tt

man, that race director guy has his head up his ass. when i see him, im gonna take him out
    Johnnyracer

Champ, you know these aren't personal attacks. There's a lot of changes going on, and people are worried because there's no info from either the USCRA or the track about what's going on.

Let me know if you want me to post anything on the website.

Champ,

Unga's got it exactly correct. Just let us know what you know. Two weeks to go and even the worst construction project manager would have to know if turn 1 and 1a is going to be torn up that weekend. They're diggig a ditch not building a rocket.

Craig

Tim you serious you're not showing?
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

EVIL-

yeah, but not soley in protest of the flux at NHmS. under the best of circumstances i couldn't get there till late friday night so i'd miss a practice and i'd be unable to get to the garages. i'm not sure my current mixed-junk motor will finish the weekend and i don't want to spend the time and money just to drive up, later my engine on a warmup lap and spend the rest of the weekend dodging construction vehicles. if i knew the motor was stong i'd probably have made it happen but i can't spend the cash and time to travel up there with an iffy machine. then i have to host a tour at work first thing monday morning. so i'm just gonna tuck my tail, stay home and do a couple freelance jobs so i'm ready for the rest of the season. that and i need to sort my machine.

basically, it was gonna be a real effort to make the VC to begin with and the construction/access issues just broke my back.

-tt

I'm taking you out Yayo!

JohnnyB

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links