Mosport Report
Close

Mosport Report

This is a discussion on Mosport Report within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; O.K...what's happening? Did Kenny Cummings & Tim Joyce make it up there? Who did what?...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosport Report

Mosport Report

O.K...what's happening? Did Kenny Cummings & Tim Joyce make it up there? Who did what?
    Eric Mercer
    WERA/AHRMA

kenny is there. so is dean st croix, erik green & co.

dunno about anyone else. i only got the top info off of photos posted on FB.

cheers,

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Yep Kenny And Joyce Where There
    So Was Roper,marshall,joe C, Joe T , Bj, Jersey Girl,bfd,graig, Eric Green And Co.
    Plus ,junkyard And Jeff With The Db Motorsports Stuff Wow, And Lots Of The Uscra Grid,
    Tired But Some Basic Stuff

Mosport Track Rocks, Fast Blind Corners,crazy Mosses Turn, Try Learning That One Hehe,almost Chucked It There Down Shifted Twice By Mistake Locked Rear Bike Slipped Smashed Nuts On Seat Had To Use Long Back Straight To Relax And Get Wind Back
    Well Run Event Lots Of Spectators, No Video From Me, Camera Mount Sheared Off And Cameras Gone

Joe T Just About Rebuilt Bike, With Lots Of Help From Joe C,bj,and Chris Marshall But In The End It Was No Good Hole In Piston, Joe C Had Some Issues As Well, But Did Get In Some Racing,
    Everyone Stayed Up No Crashes From The Cafe Crew,but Big Crashes In Endurance Race, Was 2 Hour Race They Only Got 4 Laps In,
    Rabbi Blew Up The Side Car While In First On Last Lap And When I Say Blow Up Its Not Just A Term Where Talking Pices Flying Off And A Sheet Of Flame Out The Back Corner Workers Had To Use Extinguishers To Put It Out, He Brought It To Controlled Stop So He And Monkey Where Fine, Big Crash In Side Cars On Sat Monkeys Where Flying 2 Hurt But Not Bad, One Girl Hurt Hands But Raced Next Day Denise T Couldent Make It Back Out So Jersey Girl Stepped In And Went For First Time On Side Car, No School, No Warm Up Time, Right Out On Track Racing Big Nuts ,
    Lots Of Very Fast, Very Nice Bikes, Great Racing, Don't Know Who Won What It Was Rippin
    Got 6th, 2- 7th And An 8th, Best Lap Was 156.2,
    More Later Kind Of Burned Out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

A good American contingent was present, good to see familiar faces. A little quiet and not so rowdy evenings, must have been because Tex was MIA, eh!

Aside from my bike issues, Mosport weekend was awesome. I was able to get in 6-7 good practice laps before all of the bike issues. Great weather, really fast track with lots of elevation changes, and one crazy corner called Moss's. I had to head back early but BJ and Joe C stayed with Mike in Buffalo and are driving back today.

It seemed as though almost everyone had some sort of issue, whether it was electrical, mechanical or both. Craig blew up his bridgestone,
    deangelo (sp?) cracked his ducati motor, chris had minor issues, joe had a few carb issues, bill had electrical issues, I had a motor issue. Mosport ate us up!

In the 500, chris showed strong, joe mid pack, and bj dnf on last lap. In the 350, chris finished 4 or 5th, joe and bj dns.

I'm will hopefully have a rebuilt motor ready by Summit.

joe t

I was two for two this weekend. The bridgestone broke during practice and the honda broke during my P3 lightweight race when I was chasing down Jerseygirl.

Jersey was flying all weekend. It won't be long till it's changed from "beaten by a girl" to "being able to beat the girl".

Other than bike issues the weekend was great. Great weather, great friends, great track, great racing. Doesn't get much better than that.

Craig

Craig,
    (I know the B/S story) but what happened to the Honda?

Peace
    Karl

Karl - I don't know. The Honda's still sitting in the trailer at this point. During the p3 lightweight race the bike was running real strong for about 6 laps. Then it just quit running in turn 8. I was able to coast into the pits and it bump started back up as I coasted down pit road. At the pit in oil check it seemed to run strong again so I went through the pits and back onto the track. I made it two turns and the bike quit again. I left it on the side of the track and was offered a ride back to the pits by one of the spectators. By the time my bike got picked up and brought back to the pits I just loaded in the trailer without looking at anything. I hope to check it over tonight. Probably out of gas again.

Craig

bfd
    The lap times are already up on mylaps

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=460928

midge....i owe you jetting !! ill have it at summit. totally forgot.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

mosport was fun. biggest grids ive ever been on. youre girdded up, looking ahead at 30 guys, thinking your last, turn around, and there are 20 more guys behind you. makes t1 really interetsing going 4 wide. you actually had to slow because of traffic. crazy. the track is tricky. fast and unforgiving at speed. no brake markers were a new thing for me. something ive always looked forward to. riding a real race track!!!

chris m really is a god. really. im pretty sure he beat both jersey and craig in the one race we were all gridded up in. on a stocker, with 9 year old tires and original pistons. i mean the dude is stupid fast.

jersey ran the entire 2 hour endurance race. all 4 laps of it. yeas, they had 2 big red flags. one on the first lap causing a very extensive clean up proceedure. and one just 2 laps in on the restart, which rid the track of enough ambulances to run a race. so even after trying to extend the race further into the day, it was cancelled after the long delays.

Really great to see dirty pete. jam614, midge, craig, rope, and everyone else. and thanks to everyone who loaned us parts, or advice. in the end, i think mosport won this round though.

my bike was running great in the 350 race i think, then i decided to adjust the float level again, and the left side went dry. but the atomic green machine was running excellent prior. i did come down with a nasty head cold (with the typical sweats and chills etc...), and i didnt realize it at the time, but joe, using his dark arts skills, managed to beat the shit out of my right thigh. (thanks for the bruises you fucker), nearly crippling me all weekend after an unprovoked early morning attack in my tent.

we had a real fun ride up though, and joe is a hardcore dude tossing in the towel early and making the drive back to baltimore alone on sunday morning around 11 a.m. to get home at about 10 or 1030. but hes a fun guy to travel with.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links