Cafe Tank & Seat for 70s Honda CB350-360
Close

This is a discussion on Cafe Tank & Seat for 70s Honda CB350-360 within the Wanted forums, part of the Classifieds category; Looking for aftermarket cafe seat and tank similar to those in pic. Iím not looking for perfect condition i.e. tank may be rusty inside but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cafe Tank & Seat for 70s Honda CB350-360

Looking for aftermarket cafe seat and tank similar to those in pic. Iím not looking for perfect condition i.e. tank may be rusty inside but clean on the outside. Intact race used pieces (matching paint color) are good so you may find them on an old bike in back of the garage shop - low price is key. Shipping limited to U.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If it was me I would put the bike in the back of the truck,
    take it down to the local bike wreckers and start trying on tanks until I found one that worked
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 06-28-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: stupid spell check

Kawasaki triple had a nice long tank with roughly that shape,
    has anybody ever tried putting a Mach III tank on a Honda lump?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 06-28-2019 at 03:21 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The tank looks to be a suzuki GS450 tank (not the one on the chopper models, the standard gs450). For a while it was popular to put them on CB's since the mounting cups were similar.

The seat looks like one you can get new from tannermatic. Monkey is a member on here and tannermatic is his company.

BTW, you have that backwards - tanks can have surface rust on the outside, but should be clean on the inside. outside bodywork is easy to do compared to the pinholes that hide with inside tank rust.
    TrialsRider likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Kawasaki triple had a nice long tank with roughly that shape,
    has anybody ever tried putting a Mach III tank on a Honda lump?

I have on a cb750 and it is very difficult because the 73-76 h1/kh500 has a center mount petcock. there literally isn't any room for it to fit with the stock petcock - it would have to be plugged up and a new one welded in. For the 750's the front doesn't sit down on the triangular frame rails right. It might fit a 550 a little better because of the pressed backbone frame.
    TrialsRider likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    BTW, you have that backwards - tanks can have surface rust on the outside, but should be clean on the inside. outside bodywork is easy to do compared to the pinholes that hide with inside tank rust.
    Unless you’re planning a useless pipeburn-art-piece-of crap living room special.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Object díArt

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    Unless youíre planning a useless pipeburn-art-piece-of crap living room special.
    Iím looking for seat and tank for a non-running CB350 that will grace my modest man-cave. So the tank can be rusty on the inside if that results in low price and seat can be worn some. If they have had some track time bruises, thatís so much the better.

Thanks for the lead on the GS450 lead. If anyone knows of one available, please comment.
    TrialsRider and 8ball like this.

Good to hear somebody finally admit they are just building an indoor rolling art project, good luck with that.

... bike will be much lighter if you take out the crankshaft, pistons, clutch, internal gears etc. and just sell all that stuff on flea bay.
    8ball likes this.

You building a full on monoshock conversion with USD forks and LED lights or old school?
    Really cool thing is you won't need a battery you can just plug it into the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links