A Vespa...
Close

A Vespa...

This is a discussion on A Vespa... within the Wanted forums, part of the Classifieds category; For my wife. She's been intrigued by the notion of a scooter for awhile, and with the price of gas going north she's starting to ...

Thread: A Vespa...

FR

A Vespa...

For my wife. She's been intrigued by the notion of a scooter for awhile, and with the price of gas going north she's starting to get serious about it. Sat on a Honda and a Yamaha, but wasn't thrilled with either. So after some research, she's asking about a Vespa. There isn't a Vespa dealer in Vermont, so I'm putting it out to you'se what might know somethin'.
    I'm probably talking about a gently used small to midsize model...

FR
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...st=Description

Btw, if she's never ridden a bike before, the older vespa's are manual transmissions and she probably won't like it.

FR
    That place seems to have 1 of everything. They're always popping up on ebay searches. Someday I may stop in there...
    Yeah anyway you're right, she wants to just push the starter button and twist the throttle, no gears, clutch or kickstarter please.

FR
    FR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

check out the want ad digest (wantaddigest.com) out of Albany. There is a guy there that usually has several classic Vespas for sale. Run around $3800.

How about a 60's Honda c100--- still cheap, parts readily available and 200mpg. Not very fast, but good enough for around town. If you are coming to the giro I should have one there (not for sale).

check out the want ad digest (wantaddigest.com) out of Albany. There is a guy there that usually has several classic Vespas for sale. Run around $3800.

How about a 60's Honda c100--- still cheap, parts readily available and 200mpg. Not very fast, but good enough for around town. If you are coming to the giro I should have one there (not for sale).

FR
    quote:Originally posted by JackC

Yeah, saw that guy too, I think he's in Schenectady. I had the thought about a small Honda, I even have one, a Trail 90, but it's still kickstart and gears to shift, aside from being another vintage bike, which I really don't need at this point...

FR
    FR

FR,
    don't write off the super cub. they made those little Hondas in automatic too. and they are proven bombproof, literally. If you want something new, Unga too. We have a friend who works at Kymco.

FR if you find something in the Albany/Schenectady area or close by and buy it sight unseen, I can haul it to Vintage Celebration or drop it off along the way. I'd check it out for you, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

Pete

FR
    Thanks Pete, I think we're going to be patient and find something local. Turns out she was fine with the Yamaha Vino (125) she sat on, but she thought maybe a Vespa would be cool to check out too.
    Then she found out that she'd need a m/c addendum on her license, not sure how motivated she is on that score.

FR
    FR

Sponsored Links