Kick starter for CB350
Close

Kick starter for CB350

This is a discussion on Kick starter for CB350 within the Wanted forums, part of the Classifieds category; After watching Midge use his handy dandy kicker to start his bike this weekend, I want one! Anyone have a Kickstarter lever and coupler they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kick starter for CB350

After watching Midge use his handy dandy kicker to start his bike this weekend, I want one!

Anyone have a Kickstarter lever and coupler they want to sell? I have one on my parts motor but it is not the correct style.

The one I want is two piece, and you can take the actual starter lever off of where it clamps on the splined shaft if you just take out a circlip. I guess the easiest way to explain it is that the whole kick lever rotates, not just the fot pedal part.

Thanks,
    Jack

CHEATER!

i'll look around for you cheater.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

jack-

do the kickstart thing if ya want...and i'll check my parts bins for you too. but i just gotta say, your bike bumps easier than any other FCB bike i've seen...i mean i kept watching you start and it always fired before the rear had made even a 1/2 revolution.

i did see midge's setup and i liked it. i used to not be comfortable enough to bump mine and kept an unbolted kickstart around. thing is i totally knackered the spline shaft (which midge's setup avoids) but also found myself on the grid or tooling around the pits with the stand wobbling around. luckily, i never forgot completely and made it out onto the track with an unsecured kicker, but came close a few times. once it fell off while testing around the garages and by the time i realized it was gone, someone had picked it up....since then i've always bumped and it has made my race days a ton simpler/easier. just my story and my POV and i think the bikes start easier with a push? of course, i was just lucky enough to use aron's rollers all weekend so who the hell i am to talk?

-tt

jack-

do the kickstart thing if ya want...and i'll check my parts bins for you too. but i just gotta say, your bike bumps easier than any other FCB bike i've seen...i mean i kept watching you start and it always fired before the rear had made even a 1/2 revolution.

i did see midge's setup and i liked it. i used to not be comfortable enough to bump mine and kept an unbolted kickstart around. thing is i totally knackered the spline shaft (which midge's setup avoids) but also found myself on the grid or tooling around the pits with the stand wobbling around. luckily, i never forgot completely and made it out onto the track with an unsecured kicker, but came close a few times. once it fell off while testing around the garages and by the time i realized it was gone, someone had picked it up....since then i've always bumped and it has made my race days a ton simpler/easier. just my story and my POV and i think the bikes start easier with a push? of course, i was just lucky enough to use aron's rollers all weekend so who the hell i am to talk?

-tt

Tim,

Yes, it does start pretty easily--I have actually started it by spinning the back wheel with the bike on the wheel stand.

But, Midges set up is really the rats ass. Much easier to start it up if your are just checking things out,etc.

Cheater, could be, but I am 53 with a bad heart, so I guess I will cheat just a little bit if no one is around to bump me!

Now, I could be a real cheater and put the electric start back on,but then I would have to lose 20 lbs to make up for the added weight. Actually, if I lost 20 lbs, I could probably bump it much easier......

Let me know if any of you find one.

jack

Tim,

Yes, it does start pretty easily--I have actually started it by spinning the back wheel with the bike on the wheel stand.

But, Midges set up is really the rats ass. Much easier to start it up if your are just checking things out,etc.

Cheater, could be, but I am 53 with a bad heart, so I guess I will cheat just a little bit if no one is around to bump me!

Now, I could be a real cheater and put the electric start back on,but then I would have to lose 20 lbs to make up for the added weight. Actually, if I lost 20 lbs, I could probably bump it much easier......

Let me know if any of you find one.

jack

Just bought one on Egay. $4.99 can't beat that!

Yeah, guess I am a cheater. Now all I have to do is figure out how to bend it around the rearset brake pedal....

If you see a kick lever laying on the track, it's not mine! Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

Just bought one on Egay. $4.99 can't beat that!

Yeah, guess I am a cheater. Now all I have to do is figure out how to bend it around the rearset brake pedal....

If you see a kick lever laying on the track, it's not mine! Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

Nah, you're fine Jack. It's TT who's out of line.... rollers for FCB!!!????!!!

has the world gone mad in my absence?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links