Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not a builder and honestly know far more about dirt riding than street, but I have been lurking the site and am interesting in picking up the details you and many of the members see. I'll take a stab at observing the front wheel seems too large to corner well, the cut pipe likely hurts performance (not it mention loud as hell), front fork travel seems really limited, guessing rear shocks won't work too well either. Other than that it's an awesome hipster bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a builder and honestly know far more about dirt riding than street, but I have been lurking the site and am interesting in picking up the details you and many of the members see. I'll take a stab at observing the front wheel seems too large to corner well, the cut pipe likely hurts performance (not it mention loud as hell), front fork travel seems really limited, guessing rear shocks won't work too well either. Other than that it's an awesome hipster bike.

I guess by that, you mean it's good to look at, but never actually any good to ride?

So what's the attraction?

It's like an elephant, great to look at, but useless and it could kill you before you realise what's going on.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
179 Posts

First figure out that the gn 400 is Suzuki, not Yamaha. Then scrap it,except for the engine and modify the engine with the few hop-up parts available for it and dump it in a street-tracker or enduro chassis. Then just enjoy it for what it is-or isn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts