Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Not sure if this is a correct section to ask, but we'll try. we are father and son both quite recently interested on cafe racers. I have an early 60s bitsa-project in early stage and my son who just turned 12 bought a 1973 Honda CB125K5 project as his first bike. The son wants to build a cafe racer with a period Ducati style 1/2 fairing. I have now been trying to look for the fairing and it appears that such fairings are not very easy to find for such a small bike. Too big fairing makes a small bike look ridiculous. Do you know any places where to look for? Also We would be pleased about the key words to use in searching such items form the internet. The genre terminology is not that well in our minds. I do not mind if it is used or new as long as it is reasonably priced. The pictures below are just to show where we are starting at.

Best whishes

Risto and son from Finland

Trannonia.jpg CB125k5.jpg

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I assume you've been searching for a 900ss style fairing.
If one of those is not going to do the job, try searching for a Ducati single.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for many replies. Airtech, for example, seems an interesting option. However, do you know if there is a dealer(s) in Europe?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I would be surprised if you couldn't find something suitable at a swap meet in Europe, or even on Europe ebay...

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
No headlight hole, I like the one for the Laverda better, either way you still need the bubble windscreen and those are just as expensive as the fairing usually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts