Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know youre all tired of me posting things about the acewell i bought... im tired of it taking so long to hook up!

i got it to power on only when it was in park. so, that doesnt do me any good.

what wire would you/have you cut into to power your digital nonsense?

i just want it to atleast power on when it should so i can go from there.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
why are you putting your bike in "park"?

do you have a test light? you need to use a test light and probe a wire that turns on the test light when you have the key set to on only. test lights are like $9 from radio shack or make your own with a 12v bulb and some wire. or better yet, use a volt meter.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
why are you putting your bike in "park"?

do you have a test light? you need to use a test light and probe a wire that turns on the test light when you have the key set to on only. test lights are like $9 from radio shack or make your own with a 12v bulb and some wire. or better yet, use a volt meter.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
There should be a larger diameter wire off the ignition switch that is live all the time. Use this for your "live" wire (clock). Either that, or run a new wire straight from the +ve terminal on the battery (probably put an in-line fuse on that).

As far as the "on" setting goes, you'll need to find the return from your ignition switch. Usually it's either red or brown.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
There should be a larger diameter wire off the ignition switch that is live all the time. Use this for your "live" wire (clock). Either that, or run a new wire straight from the +ve terminal on the battery (probably put an in-line fuse on that).

As far as the "on" setting goes, you'll need to find the return from your ignition switch. Usually it's either red or brown.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
quote:Originally posted by txchainsawgogi

i run a yuasa mini battery thats like 4ah... should i really bother using the clock? i wouldnt want to run down the battery.
The clock is just an LCD - it would take about 2 years to run your battery down.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by hillsy

quote:Originally posted by txchainsawgogi

i run a yuasa mini battery thats like 4ah... should i really bother using the clock? i wouldnt want to run down the battery.
The clock is just an LCD - it would take about 2 years to run your battery down.
well sir, that sounds like a risk im not willing to take.

kidding.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Honda-any black wire is live after switch
Suzuki-any orange wire
Kawasaki=white
Yamaha=brown

PJ

·
Registered
3,442 Posts