Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that title is a mouthful, here’s a few snaps of my E-Bike project, the decorative engine is a 1950s Villiers 150cc 2 Stoke Lawn mower engine. What appears to be the transmission is a Bafang electric motor tuned to 680 watt.

·
Registered
1979 XS750
104 Posts
You sir are a craftsman, like your style or not, serious craftsman. I’ll stop the compliments on ALL your posts and just look for a while haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sir are a craftsman, like your style or not, serious craftsman. I’ll stop the compliments on ALL your posts and just look for a while haha
Hahaha thanks mate, appreciate the feedback, my need to create just does not stop, I am about to post some companion metal art that goes with this bike theme.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to this build, a random dude I met on the street while riding the Ebike commented that it would be cool to make a matching Cigar Box Guitar, I thought 1920s board tracker and depression era musical instrument art was a nice theme. So I got online, learnt about scale, resonators, piezo pickups and made my very first 3 string slide guitar.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You're a set of Goggles and a top hat away from a steam punk

Reactions: OldMan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a little practice amp with inbuilt rechargeable 9v power supply

And the dude who sent me down this CBG rabbit hole was so impressed with my work he commissioned me to make him a 3 string Base slide CBG with a punisher theme, so I made a skull brand, used 9mm cartridges for chord markers. Used a mini humbucker and fabricated my own dovetail tapered boxes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts