Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is going to be fun! i'm really stoked about it, but its going to be a SLOW project.

the motor is around a 850 now. got most of the parts needed, but its not going to be a restore. going to be a stripped sorta bobbed bike with a hot motor. I won't have any updates for about a damn year on this thing. but i bet i won't see another one around here, thats for sure. if it ain't a softtail heritage, they aren't on the roads around here.

·
Registered
699 Posts
incredible! that motor looks really nice! good luck with the build!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I have one of those girders on my 48 panhead and since it was already cut on

I whacked that huge diameter stem out and put a one inch stem in it's place

I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I am certain I should copulate you out of that project

I am only thinking of you since I know all too well it will be frustrating and tedious

Seriously, I'm here to help you out and may even consider throwing Girlnamedgo in on our deal.

Have your people get back to mine.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

Seriously, I'm here to help you out and may even consider throwing Girlnamedgo in on our deal.

hold on, i'm thinking...

·
Registered
204 Posts

hold on there buckaroo, where am i going?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Look Dear, we're talking 35 Scout here

it's not like I walked in our bed room and announced to you that I kinda need you to go stay with Pamp because I thought my 4 of a kind hand just had to be a winner

or something far less frivolous like not winning the "no hands who can pee the highest" contest/bet

work with me a bit here honey and if you do all those things I whispered in your ear, Pamp will be ringing my phone within 2 weeks and I'll get you back as long as he can come up with a Gilera Saturno, or something equally cool to send back with you

;)

quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

hold on there buckaroo, where am i going?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
as well as though it should indeed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great bike. Magneto was an option for that year. Your rear fender is on backwards, but I won't tell anyone. If you were close I'd race you with my 52" 101 Scout.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have no idea hoe the fender is to be mounted, and it looks like some stuff is missing anyway. but we aren't going to use that fender, more likely make something from scratch instead. question, does your scout do okay in stop and go traffic? do we need to add a cooler to it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
In case you don't know, your bike is a right side final drive. Post more pics or email me off-line and I'll help you as much as I can. My Scout does great in traffic. I've heard you only need to worry about overheating on extremely hot days and slow riding in parades. I haven't done either one. Once you get it up and running you'll find it just as functional and rideable as a modern bike. Looks like you have about 95% of what you need for your project. You will need a generator to run lights though. Shoot me some pics of your parts and I'll help you put the pieces together for this enigmatic puzzle. Remember this is a left hand throttle, right hand spark advance, right hand shift setup. Sounds scary but fun as hell. I actually prefer this setup.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i haven't looked at the cables yet, but i didn't know the advance and the throttle were reversed like that. you have a couple chiefs too? sweet man, here is our 48...

daily driven, runs perfect, leaks oil everywhere it goes.
Shaun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! Careful don't get your pants leg sucked into the open linkert. Indians allow for easy control configuration changes. So the Scout shouldn't be a problem to run right hand throttle. Ever visit the virtual indian forum? I also like your Jim Beam filing system.
-Ryan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts