Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well haven't been here for a while. The last time I tried to rebuild the engine 2 years ago I couldn't find a piston so I shelved it, I hated seeing it just sit around and just dug into it. Turns out the bottom end is a 46 GL3 with a 1951 connecting rod on a 46 crankshaft giving it a 3.91 stroke a 51 barrel and head making it a stroker motor 383cc, also 1951 front end and rims, I'm guessing for the larger axles. So the shop is going through a complete makeover A/C and new equipment so I'm playing around with the bike in my living room and the new wife is just thrilled about it, plus all the baggies from 25+ years ago were rotted and everything is mixed up so I have nuts and bolts all over the place. I still have boxes of parts to go through, I hope the rest of the bike is there. IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0453.JPG

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Did you tell the new wife upfront that you had this little issue with motorcycles. Do the flintlocks in a tepee indicate you have been moved to the garage and are in charge of feeding yourself? LOL

Good to see you back. That is a very pretty engine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you tell the new wife upfront that you had this little issue with motorcycles. Do the flintlocks in a tepee indicate you have been moved to the garage and are in charge of feeding yourself? LOL
Well since there were 6 bikes in the living room when we meet I think she has the motorcycle thing figured out. The red flat tracker is a permanent fixture in the living room The muskets are from the
Revolutionary War, since I did not have an American flag to put up on the 4th of July I thought it would be fitting to display them for the month of July. I haven't had to move into the garage yet, but one or two more bikes in the house might do it, LOL

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well haven't had a chance to touch the Matchless, but made some headway on the shop, vaulted the ceiling, ran new electric, changed the double doors to a single, ordered new tool boxes and some new equipment and poured the slab for the A/C. also picked up a nice 6' Scat Blaster and filter system for cheep on CL. Had a customer drop off a hacked up, going to build my dream bike, oops I fucked up a good KZ900. I'll post some pics when I get back to the storage unit. it's not good, but it's good for a laugh
IMG_0457.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts