Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know the bike by now, have listed it before, but... Owned by Jason Lee the actor (My name is Earl, Alvin and the Chipmunks)Only 156 miles since finished, 150 by Jason, pink slip and current registration are in his name. Ready to ride, still breaking in, it has been getting faster and faster. He is thinning out his collection and feels it is a shame to not ride this bike, so he wants it to go to someone who will ride it! I have the bike in my possession again, make appointment to see, asking $8,000 obo
Go to www.lossaengineering.com to see more

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
if i buy it will jason take me to benihannas?

all kidding aside, i love this bike! i wish i could afford it!

good luck with the sale....TTT!

texy

·
Registered
89 Posts
AAWWWWW just peed my pants again. this is a sick bike. Anyone who wishes to donate $8000 for my "surgery", please contact me. It is terminal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a question... Doesn't the angle of those carbs make it unreliable? I think the specs say they should be less than about 15 degrees from horizontal and those have to be near 25 or 30 degrees. Seems like float levels would be ridiculous and fuel would just about drain straight into the cylinders from the idle passages and going down any hill would make it worse. Apparently it does run though I guess.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
keanu has/had a lance weil built norton commando. i saw pictures of it from lance's files years ago. i hope he still has it as it was stunning!

he use to store it at lance's burbank studio. he had a set of keys and would come in to get the bike late at nights for solo rides up in the canyons where he could ride/be anonymous. celebrity must really suck!

tex

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
mr lee is a totally chill dude. if you fan out on him.. i am sure he would be creeped. if you skate with him... he'd be stoked.

as far as an $8000 160... shit better have been tuned by zeus!!! or at least dr. branson... but branson sells his bikes for like under $3000... slightly more realistic

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
First - nice looking bike but with an 8K price tag your going have to find someone with deeper pockets than anyone of us. I know what it cost to build a bike and the 8k is more or less a good deal. I can assure you if it was some joe-smuck off this site that owned and built the bike and was trying to sell it, the price would be in the 4K range.

Someone send Jay Leno an email - he has plenty of room for another bike...

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 on Price being too high.

Also, does anyone even care if Jason Lee owned the bike? I like his show and some of his movies, but he isnt big enough star to really affect the price or the desirability. This isnt the 1st time this bike has been discussed on this forum. Each time it comes up the 2nd thing we are told is OWNED BY JASON LEE. At least reference Mallrats or Dogma. Both of which are 10x better than Garfield.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the bike and Jason Lee, but his ass had better drop gold bricks on the seat as i buy it for me to buy it at that price.

+1 on the carbs

Clerks 2 is his best role

"picklefucker"

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
You know after looking at the pictures on the e-bay link and the work that was done, I am not sure the price is too high for that kind of buyer. The fact is that none of us here are that kind of buyer. For somebody that wants a completely finished turn key little cafe racer, this is a good choice. If you don't have what it takes to build such a thing then you better have the money to pay somebody that does, if you want it. You know I like to bitch about suspension, brakes and tires and the only things I would bitch about on this build are stock footpeg location, the front fender is unbalanced, front and back, and the side mount license plate. I don't know how many hours Jay has into it, but I have done enough complete engine and frame tear downs and rebuilds without painting, polishing and cleaning every little part to know that it isn't quick. At least it is not a Honda with a set of clubmans and a seat for $5000.

Ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts