Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have been lurking for a bit and thought I would share my finished build. 2-1/2 years later and its finally done!! This damn build started with a stripped spark plug hole, I really just wanted to clean it up and ride it. As I got deeper into it, I started to feel guilty if I didnt do what I was thinking in my head. I finished it up just before the El Camino MC show in Torrance, CA. and entered it in the Vintage Custom class,took 4th place points against all v-twins, I was happy. Anyway here she is, hope you all like it. Pics are from first day to first ride and a few in between...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Excellent bike.Do you paint the engine silver and had he covers chromed? By the way I Live down the street from you in Lawndale Ca.

I did what last night !!!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
ct77, wow, hella nice job dude! Nice attention to detail, super sano.
Ride with pride!

FR

·
Registered
90 Posts
WOW, that bike is awesome!

Very nice job.

WHat kind of rearsets are those and did you have to do alot of modding to get them to fit?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks guys!!! I actually live in Lakewood, CA and this was my first build and I learned alot along the way. Dont know what I want to build next, I have been thinking about an Honda XR 75??? Pretty much went through everything, down to splitting the cases. The only things I didnt do myself were painting the tank, headlight brackets and all the chrome, other than that it was a garage special!

The engine was painted silver and the covers are polished, not chromed (To chrome aluminum was crazy expensive)

The rearsets are out of South Africa, through www.ttr400.com Reasonable pricing for sure. No mods really, I used the old passenger peg mounts for them. Made the rods out of mild steel and used the brake clevis that my company manufactures for the linkage.

I wanted to post this link too, I followed these kids through their entire build. I thought it was sweet that a shop teacher had them build a cafe. http://niskygarage.logical.net/

Thanks for all the compliments, most of my friends dont even know what a cafe is!!!

All I want to do now is ride!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Super clean bike and a great build,love to see hand painted stripes/lettering on cars/bikes. There used to be a Drag car from Indy that came down to a our local track and ALL the sponsor decals weren't decal at all. They were all HAND PAINTED all over the car and each looked
exactly like the real decal. Of course the rest of the car was just as sharp as the decal paintwork.

Those rear sets on your bike are awesome looking as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Truly a masterpiece, better than any pair of breast I've ever seen:)

Help, I'm in desprite need of learning some useful and new:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great bike. I really like it. I'm just glad I don't have to look afer all that polished aluminum. I haven't been on here too long, but I think that the teacher who built the bikes in your link is a member here too. I could be wrong, but that black one looks familiar. Anyway thanks for posting those great pics for us to drool over.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow that looks great! and thanks for the kudos! the kids had a blast with the cafe sytle. keep ypur yey in the nisky site we are rebuilding it to show the project for this year. it's not a cafe but it is going to be cool. I have one more up my sleave for a future date so Ill try to keep the fun alive with the kids
Richie

·
Registered
187 Posts
All the posts above are correct. Bike looks real good and it's easy to see the hard work that went into it. I think I need to go strip one of my spark plugs [8D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts