Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Ryan and I'm the proud owner of a 1970 bridgestone 175dt motorcycle. I've been rebuilding and customizing it into a cafe racer. It's my first car bike and first real project bike...Does anyone know anything about bridgestones? Any help with this project is welcome

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Theres a ... what is it, yahoo group? Anyway, a group like that dedicated to the bridgestones.

There's someone here who has a running one. Can't remember who.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Theres a ... what is it, yahoo group? Anyway, a group like that dedicated to the bridgestones.

There's someone here who has a running one. Can't remember who.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Huh. I've only been looking for motor related parts. Maybe the street bike related stuff is harder to get. The guy that owns that website I linked has had everything I needed. There's a few others that are selling stuff as well. That guy has everything down to NOS crankshafts available. Anything needed for rebuilding an engine is available pretty easily.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Huh. I've only been looking for motor related parts. Maybe the street bike related stuff is harder to get. The guy that owns that website I linked has had everything I needed. There's a few others that are selling stuff as well. That guy has everything down to NOS crankshafts available. Anything needed for rebuilding an engine is available pretty easily.

Craig

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys I've been doing all my research on a smart phone so its a lil difficult to send emails and read parts catalogs and what not.... I am on bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com but I havnt seemed to get much help with any questions I've had. Also I've messaged then for parts and got no replys... lol sometimes I wish I had a Honda

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys I've been doing all my research on a smart phone so its a lil difficult to send emails and read parts catalogs and what not.... I am on bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com but I havnt seemed to get much help with any questions I've had. Also I've messaged then for parts and got no replys... lol sometimes I wish I had a Honda

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I've got the cylinders off the bike cuz when I bought it the motor was locked. Well there are a few chips in the crome bores and I'm hoping I don't hafta replate them anytime soon. My questions are. Can I run it if I'm still getting compression? Also I need a new set of pistons and rings and where's the best place to het them? Also the carb floats bad on one of the carbs its a vm17-18 carb and I can't find rebuild kits for them any ideas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I've got the cylinders off the bike cuz when I bought it the motor was locked. Well there are a few chips in the crome bores and I'm hoping I don't hafta replate them anytime soon. My questions are. Can I run it if I'm still getting compression? Also I need a new set of pistons and rings and where's the best place to het them? Also the carb floats bad on one of the carbs its a vm17-18 carb and I can't find rebuild kits for them any ideas

1 - 20 of 55 Posts