Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have replaced the points, plugs, battery, cleaned the tank, cleaned the carbs, replaced the throttle cables, replaced the clutch cables.

the gearbox shifts fine, the engine runs good. no smoke.

the bad -
needs tubes and tires and brake shoes.
the paint is that metallic gold. but is fadded on the tank, side covers, and headlight bucket.

could use a new chain. but i feel if i lube it and ride around for a bit it will be fine.

She seems to be completely stock, seat is even in good shape with no rips or tears.

again, HAS CLEAR TITLE, RUNS AND IS COMPLETE!

i got a good deal on it. but i'm trying to turn it over to pay bills this month. so yes, i'm going to try to make a little on it.
$650 located in Roanoke Va.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I would really like to have that bike......... makes me wonder if I have anything you'd like to have as much

I'd bet I do

well let me count my quarters

btw...... how does it run and sound?

mechanical music sweet or anything sounding needy?

shifting and clutch ok?

charging good?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charging good, clutch freed itself. not 100% but about 75%, still catches slightly abruptly. its running on both cyl pretty equally, but i had a little issue with the right float bowl staying full. it hasn't been an issue after i cleaned the float needle. sounds pretty tough, i think it may have aftermarket mufflers. it vibrates like a parrallel twin. i still can't get used to that being normal.

btw, its on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...207230177QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200207230177

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'd like to cry you a sad story about how I'm just a poor widow woman but I am unable to locate my tits or anything resembling a bagina.

I suspect you will get your 650 and then some.

Best of luck with the listing, I'll peek in and keep an eye on my pile of quarters.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
btw....... if I bought it, how long could it stay there (inside) until I was able to roll thru and snag it?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't have a problem keeping it for a couple months even. i can stash it in the corner and cover it up. count your coins i'd rather sell to a guy that can work on it then a guy that has my phone number and can't work on it. you end up getting 5 million calls about how its doing this or that and they want advise. blah.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they kicked it because my title said "not cb450, cb550, cb750"
they said it was spamming and deleted it. at least i got my $30 listing fee credited back.

so i don't know if i should relist it or just wait for hackasaw to throw money at me.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well I have had a good week on ebay and getting ready to throw up about 4 or 5 g more worth of German crap

I think it will bring more than your 650 asking on ebay, my guess is it will fetch 850-1000 and I'd be happy to see you get all the money for it

spamming........ geeze what a bunch of anal nazi's

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hey thanks for the second shot at it and I'll certainly place a sporting bid on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts