Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a 1971 CB350. The bike is in excellent condition and ready to hit the streets. It has new points(gaped and timed), new carb kits. new gas tank with new filters, custom made seat, new sealed battery relocated under the seat, racing starter block off plug, custom exhaust pipes, gp shift, new fork seals and also put a new tire on in the front. Kick start only, starts on first or second kick every time. Painted satin white. Bike has less then 2000 miles on it. I also have a title and frame for a cb350 in my name that can be used for this bike. Barn find stored all its life. $2500 obo

Email me with questions or more pics at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
We don't like one post wonders only coming here to try to hock their shit.

No one here will give you $2500 for that bike. They would be ridiculed into the ground for paying half that.

When you say you have a frame and title that could be used with this bike what you mean is that you're riding it around on a registration that doesn't match the VIN? Fuck, what could go wrong there...

Welcome to CR.net

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
We don't like one post wonders only coming here to try to hock their shit.

No one here will give you $2500 for that bike. They would be ridiculed into the ground for paying half that.

When you say you have a frame and title that could be used with this bike what you mean is that you're riding it around on a registration that doesn't match the VIN? Fuck, what could go wrong there...

Welcome to CR.net

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Well if it runs well and passes the comp test, its worth between 200-500 with a clear title. Although it needs front fender, turn indicators, prolly needs a new wire harness as this one is most likely hacked for the battery location, exhaust with mufflers, and a break light. Whats with the forks also got the cb shrouds on cl lowers? Crap and a speedometer.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:Whats with the forks also got the cb shrouds on cl lowers? Crap and a speedometer.
CB/CL fork lowers are identical. He's missing a chrome shroud that makes it all nice & pretty... I have spares. Contact me once you get it home & you can have them for postage. :)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The ones I have are different machined for gators on cl and steel sleeve on the cb otherwise identical.

Just so U know it happened.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
2000 since you "built" it?
or just another "ran when parked" 40 years ago.....what could the motor need?

with no rear frame hoop im calling it ghey

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Don't be so angry, folks. Call it a project. It's half finished. At least he bought a nice tank and a seat for you. Sure it needs a bunch of work, but its a project. If you want it, make an offer to him. Probably won't be 2500...

·
Registered
854 Posts
the problem is that he probably dumped it on some 19 year old with asperations of 'doing a ton' when all happened is he paid a TON for a nice tank and some crummy craftmanship.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I guess he didn't get any response from his local craigslist posting. You would think for 2500 you may have replaced the old cables, cleaned up the motor a little and had the title legit and ready to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts