Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you Kerosene, a bit late. I have two of these bikes. daily commuter, and a project build/ learning lesson. I maintained the 6v system on my daily ride however I really want to upgrade my project 100 because the ignition coil is shot and the reg/ rect questionable. why not do it right and upgrade? do you have any recommendations for parts? reg/ rect, ignition coil, condenser assembly, battery(light compact)?

also what other performance upgrades are you speaking of? This is a project that I have no money invested into and I am hungry to learn.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Keep it 6v. 12v really is a waste of cash, time and effort. You are not really going to gain anything, honestly.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello hello,
Just purchased my very first bike a 72' CL100. I have no experience with motorcycles what-so-ever and am looking for some pointers on this bike in particular. Any and all advice on general tuning up would be greatly appreciated, i.e. new tires, brakes, shocks, etc. Im pretty much flying in the dark here guys and am starting to feel a right idiot purchasing a bike with no knowledge to get me going.
Thanks in Advance
Leah

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Hello hello,
Just purchased my very first bike a 72' CL100. I have no experience with motorcycles what-so-ever and am looking for some pointers on this bike in particular. Any and all advice on general tuning up would be greatly appreciated, i.e. new tires, brakes, shocks, etc. Im pretty much flying in the dark here guys and am starting to feel a right idiot purchasing a bike with no knowledge to get me going.
Thanks in Advance
Leah
Keep it running stock.
challenge enough for most.
then go ride it for a while.
zero point in doing any mods until you get to know the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a 1972 Honda 100 it's a Land Speed Racing Bike but a lot of people ask if it's a Cafe style bike.
I swapped the ignition for a Rex Caunt Racing system.
image.jpg image.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts