Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stanley sealed beam unit on my bike lost the low-beam filament. Looking around for a replacement unit I discovered that my bike doesn't use the standard, widely available 7" replacement automotive headlamp. Instead, it is closer to 6.5" in diameter and the headlamp has little tabs for affixing to the trim ring which then bolts to the bucket.

Western Hills lists the part number (33120-292-673) but I haven't called to see if they have any in stock. To tell you the truth, I'm not fond of paying $40 for a 35W/25W sealed beam unit of dubious light output but I'm not really sure what other options are available. The ~6.5" size is kinda funky so if I use anything else I'd be on my own as far as fabricating a mounting system to work with my existing bucket. I could buy a replacement bucket/headlamp assembly but I'd rather not spend that much money right now. I can't really go with a higher wattage without upgrading the entire charging system and I'm not sure how well I can modify my busted sealed beam unit to accept a low-power-consumption LED bulb-array.

So, for any other Honda CB350 owners who have been in a similar situation, what did you do? I saw the link to the HID/Tri-bar/Ducati video but that's too involved for me - my plans are to install a full fairing next winter so I'm not looking for an elaborate street setup. I just need something to get me by for now.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Find one cheap on eBay.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Richard! Let me know what your Paypal e-mail address is so I can send payment electronically. Or if you prefer I can put a check in the mail. I'm looking forward to seeing your complete project and I'm happy that a part of your bike will continue to serve a purpose in mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts