Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my Barn Find. 1971 Honda CL 175 Complete bike that does not run. motor turns over. I hate to see this parted out due to its originality and completeness. Keep in mind this is a barn find and has not run in at least 15 years. Bike is located in Leavenworth KS. No TITLE. Third picture is the current condition, started the tear down then got hit on my Connie. Haven't done anything since then but get surgery. Looking to get $500 for it. 78177_506791652664402_1583717438_o.jpg 131299_506783992665168_512232939_o.jpg 617113_506759469334287_1491667947_o.jpg 620824_508556089154625_1208523691_o.jpg Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Was excited to see a new person selling a nice project at s good price...well kinda depending in if the title kills it....

but then that last picture.....fail

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMAG0160.jpg Jaguar, I would have finished the project if it wasn't for the 16 year old kid who went through the stop sign and got me on my Connie. I had it torn down to its present state when I got hit. Just had the surgery last Monday and am looking at mounting insurance bills due to the kid not being properly insured. Sorry you feel this is a fail. I would rather rebuild the bike than pay medical bills. Cheers mate!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was excited to see a new person selling a nice project at s good price...well kinda depending in if the title kills it....

but then that last picture.....fail
By the way, I can put this back to the way I got it out of the barn in about 2 hours with my one good arm. But this way you can see inside the engine and see what you have to deal with.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
By the way, I can put this back to the way I got it out of the barn in about 2 hours with my one good arm. But this way you can see inside the engine and see what you have to deal with.

Id put it back together if you are trying to sell it. Torn apart like that won't help ya. Glad you didnt cut or throw anything away. Sorry about the accident...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the constructive criticism Joep7. I will take bore scope pics of the cylinders also before I put it back together. To me being able to see inside the cylinders on a bike that doesn't run would be important.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold Sold Sold. Admin can delete this thread. Thanks for the critics guys. Person who bought it appreciated the fact that they could see in the engine. I did piece it back together while they were here so we did not miss any screws, bolts or misc. stuff. Going to an owner who will restore it back to original.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nah, i want to keep this thread up, as it is only one of two (that i can see) on page one that isn't a spammers thread that i nuked.

glad you sold it and good luck healing up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL texmawby! Too funny, actually healing up well, been riding the Connie for the last month. Down hill side of physical therapy. Next project, 58 NSU Max, family owned sitting since I was in high school in the 70's. Just need to drive 14 hours to pick it up and 14 back.

Cheers!

·
Registered
843 Posts
14 hour drives after surgery make sure you stop every hour or so and walk around the car even if its been a while after the surgery you need to keep the blood flow or risk a clott....
Congrats on the sale. It looks like someone got a good deal.

Post photos of the NSU!!
Don't see many around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
14 hour drives after surgery make sure you stop every hour or so and walk around the car even if its been a while after the surgery you need to keep the blood flow or risk a clott....
Congrats on the sale. It looks like someone got a good deal.

Post photos of the NSU!!
Don't see many around.

Thanks, be a long drive to get the NSU, but I worked up and sold off a 73 Yamaha TX750 I saved it two weeks ago. Got it to where someone could go full restoration or cafe with it. IMAG0669_zps4a0523eb.jpg
Getting released from Therapy today. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts