Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a cb350 and am begin to tear off all of the unwanted parts. I am thinking about putting on a set off clubmans or clipons (if i can find some) . When i went to tear of the stock handlebars I find that the wires for the controls go through the handle bars. Whats an easy way to get them out of there. I know if i unscrew and disconnect the wires from their connections, i will never be able to figure out how to get them back together. I don't really need the blinker controls but would like to keep the kill switch and start buttons. Do I have to cut the wires and reconnect them? What a pain. My old RD's control wires where all on the outside.

HELP!!!! haha

PS i'm new. I cafed a rd awhile back but nothing crazy.
PSS i really hate how expensive solo seats and rear sets are, where are the deals??

72' CB350, 80' CM400

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i just signed up for this forum and after posting that, began to search...

You all seem to have very vibrant personalities! hahah

There is no way the blinker control box and the kill switch start control box is gunna fit through the bars and out. Are there male/female connections inside the bars that will permit me to pull and reconnect later? I am sorry, i'm having a hard time understanding.

72' CB350, 80' CM400

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I haven't cut or disconnected anything yet. I am thinking about going from the headlight and labeling everything as I disconnect, then pull out a side at a time.

I don;t want to be gay so I hope to find a set of nice clip-on's.

I live in Minnesota and understand there is a dealer around her called "Omar's Racing" or something. I guess he has some but they seem kinda cheep looking.

Who knows.

Thanks for your help!

72' CB350, 80' CM400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.