Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Sorry, but I guess I am just hatin tonight. What the hell makes a set of megaphones a cafe exhaust? Clubman bars suck. Put a fender back on the front that isn't cafe, that is just lazy. If you don't like the stock fender, (and I don't either), then find a good looking fender and make it work. Check out a CL350 or CL450 fender. Don't forget suspension and brakes. Cafe is not a way of life or any particular part or parts. It is the overall final product that should be function ov form.

Ken
Of course that is just my opinion and I might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
turn signals? what are those? when i do run them i just get cheap sportbike units for like $15 a set. does she run good?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Coopster54,
Nah, I'm not gonna trash your bike or you, either. I just hate it when people tend to describe cafe as a part or set of parts or a way of life or a philosophy or any other kind of cool anything. If you don't fit into that generalization, and it appears you don't, then don't worry about my comments with regard to your personal bike at this stage of its development. I am sure it will turn out the way you want it when you are done. But if I see another person get on here with a set of clubmans on an otherwise stock bike and claim "Cafe", I am going to go postal and let Geeto67 have the remains.

So keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

"Nicer" Ken

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The factory front fender has a brace built into it that doubles as the mount. When you remove it the front forks get a lot of flex, ask me how I know. If you are dead set on running without a front fender you will need a fork brace of some kind. Tarozzi, daytona, etc...all sell good fork braces that attach to the lower sliders (when they attach to the upper tubes they are called a tweak bar and are not as effective). A cheapie way to get a brace is to drill the rivets out of the stock fender and remove the mount - paint it, and bolt it back on. It is not as good as a stock fender but it will keep your bike from feeling like it has rubberband suspension when you are changing lanes through the rain groves in the highway.

P.s. - you are doing your wrists and back a great disservice with those clubmans and stock foot pegs. If you want to hurt yourself for style, hey who am I to stop you...

I saw in your other post that you run emgo pods on the bike. You wasted your money with those babys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My brother or friend deleted all my posts as a joke:( At least I think one of them, they are the only 2 who know my password. Unless someone knows how to get into others accounts?

I will repost my pics when I get home!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's back!!!!+ a changed password.
I just started this project last month and have a few more things planned. So here is progress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts