Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board. I have wanted a older style cafe racer for along time now. So I went out and bought a 1972 SL350 that turns over and has good compression for 200.00. I was wondering if that would be a good starter for a cafe? I'm going to fab my own tank and tail section. I just don't see alot of these turned into cafe's. If anyone has any pics of the SL's turned into cafe's that would be great. Well, I'm off to start stripping the bike. I'm sure you guys will hear from me again. This is a great site by the way and many thanks to all of you with info that you are sharing with the rest of us!
Scott

·
Registered
326 Posts
SLs make for very sleek/racer looking Cafe style bikes. Just don't leave anything hanging off it that doesn't need to be there. If it doesn't make it faster,lighter or handle better then leave/take it off!

The slimmer/lighter looking you can make it the better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the replies guys! I leaning toward the lean looking one that the school teacher built I really like that style. I also have a cb360 I was going to bobber out so I would have two differn't styles. I would post a pick of a xs650 I built a custom chromolly frame for and made a pretty scary dirt bike out of....LOL I'm into side car building also. So if anyone has questions on that let me know. I just have to figure out how to post pics yet then I put some in here for you to guys to look at!
Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to attempt to put a few pictures in this post. I know its not a cafe but its my Kawasaki Drifer that I custom built the entire side care and chassis. Here goes nothing...LOL

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I like the sidecar, and I also have a cb360. Catboy & I have aspirations to race a sidecar someday. Neither of us currently have any money, though, so it will be a very loooong time before that happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts