Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
the issue its having is "bogging" or starvation at the bottom of certain gears, when I'm about to initiate acceleration.
i didn't end up slipping the clutch….its odd, I pulled in the clutch, feathered the throttle almost as if to clear an interruption in air/fuel and then slowly release the clutch again ….none of the half clutch/rev/dump stuff.
id like to experience a 2nd gear power wheelie….the bike is so light.
the oil is some leftover store brand from walmart that we used to put in the wife's buddy50 scooter. I didn't even know of any synthetic options till recently!

oil tank always had a little in it, and i ran some light pre-mix as a precaution incase the oil inn system was gummed up….which its not.
pretty much the nature of a piston port motor
in order for it to have the power the wanted ,well put this way the more peak hp designed into the mainly the exhaust port timing the lees smooth runnig and less power before it is up on the pipe
more peak=less low
this is why yamaha jumped right on the reed valve bandwagon smoother running before on the pipe

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i love that video. "placebo power".
I also need a trials bike to complete my bucket list.
won't be setting my nice chrome muffler ablaze…at least not at the new apartment complex.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts