Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the site so I thought I'd first say hello. My names Jack im 18 and I am southern California resident. I love Vintage bikes and when i came across my 73 cb500 i knew i had to have it. however i am having electrical problems with my regulator and rectifier. I am wondering if i should just buy the used same old crap off ebay or if there are any upgrades for electrical out there. Also i am very interested in a budgeted Cafe build any advice would be great thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Replace the rectifier. I do that on all of my hondas no matter what. Even if they are fine. The rectifier on these bikes are pieces of crap. You can buy one of these at radio shack. Heavy duty. Well worth it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
How many wires go to the rectifier? There are ways to build them yourself that aren't too hard, but if you want to save the trouble and buy a new one, there's a place called oregonmotorcycleparts.com that sells replacement stuff that looks quite nice. Making your own is usually cheap and easy, but I'm not familiar with the rectifier on the CB500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm also interested in electrical upgrades for my cb500k. Hamburg what rectifier are you using from radio shack?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got mine from oregonmotorcycleparts.com and they are the cats ass. I never thought my bike could charge so well. I got the reg, and the rec. for about $100 and had them at my door in about four days(I am in Ohio). They even emailed back and forth with me to be sure I was ordering the right one dispite the fact that it was a weekend. My Bike now charges at [email protected] and 13.9 AT IDLE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts