Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE

1974 Honda CB/CL 450 Cafe/Tracker/Streetfighter
center
</center>
- Less than 15,000 miles on stock motor/trans/drivetrain
- Starts right up (kick or electric), in great tune, no smoke, etc...
- Custom exhaust made from Honda CL/Scrambler & Triumph pipes

- 19'' Front - 18'' rear wheels on Avon Roadrider tires
- Smooth top triple tree/no gauges/hidden switches/h4 headlight

- Bike lowered 3'' up front and 2'' in the rear (actually rides really good)
- 1/4 turn throttle/clip-on's/oldschool Schwin bicycle grips
- Original tank/Original Paint/Clean inside (no rust)
- Recently rebuilt carbs/K&N airfilters/Lowered Kickstand
- Custom rearsets offa 2001 GSXR 1000/Speed-holed everything

This bike gets mad attention wherever it is rode/parked/etc. From the overall stance to the sound of the exhaust, the bike gets looks. Took home best streetfighter award at this summers Mods Vs. Rockers show, Gets thumbs up from everyone who sees it, etc..Can do dual duty as a wicked lane splitting stoplight racer in the city, and can cruise on the tollway without issue.

I am looking to go another direction with my motorcycling so this project needs to find a new home. If you are interested shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss further..
<center>
[/center]

ProTeal55
Member: Ton-Up Club Chicago
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R
1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air Hardtop

Edited by - PROTEAL55 on Aug 06 2007 11:47:09 AM

·
Registered
41 Posts
email sent

1974 CB350F
1965 Lambretta Li150
2003 Stella

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am really not a fan of posting prices online. If someone is serious, they can email me directly at [email protected]...

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might be true, but if someone is looking to actually buy the bike they can spend 2 min and write me an email (not that hard). Their is no need to discuss personal business (such as money) in an open forum..

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

·
Registered
42 Posts
If being so far way wasnt an issue I'd almost consider another one for myself

*Demonic Designs*

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
That might be true, but if someone is looking to actually buy the bike they can spend 2 min and write me an email (not that hard). Their is no need to discuss personal business (such as money) in an open forum..
On most forums I've been on, not posting a price will get your post pulled. Its a good thing to let people know what you think the bike is worth so you don't waste each others time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last time the bike was posted, I emailed him and he promptly replied and was very straight forward and defiantely knows his crap. . Price was VERY reasonable for the workmanship displayed too. .I dont post prices on boards very often either cause everybody's bro sold a nicer bike for way less. . .

napalm. . . it sticks to kidz.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
kevin,

you got any cb450 pistons or jugs out there in kansas?

tex

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, If you wanna remove the thread that go ahead.

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I'll bite..
What do you mean Unga ?

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats fine, I am used to it on these forums.
Not a big deal...

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Yeah I didn't mean for it to be a verbal attempt at a gangbang, just you hit one of my pet peves about classifieds. Considering I see your ad for that bike on several forums I am am member too and have seen it repeatedly in the past, it was just trying to point out that I don't think your approach is helping your sale.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bike, and I espiaclly like the fact you are willing to post so many pics of the bike espically when it was being built.

Personally I buy a lot of bikes, and when I see a bike that has no price, no matter how nice or ratty I usually skip contacting the seller because I assume the price is too high. It just gives me the feeling that the seller is hiding something or is waiting for someone to make him a "gotta have it" offer. I but probably about 2-3 bikes a year now so I just sidestep those deals.

when your 750 was up for sale this was exactly what kept me from contacting you about it. The mileage is also a factor but I could have had one of the chivinmoto guys look at it for me and possible hold it. I just assumed however that you were asking too much and moved on. It didn't help your case that you were posting ads about it regularly (which made it seem like a hard sell).

ok, we've beat him up enough and he is a principled individual - let him be...if it sells, it sells

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not gonna get into an argument about this with you Geeto, and I really don't care how many bikes you buy. I posted the bike for sale, to see if anyone would be interested in picking it up. If no one does, I keep it (simple as that).

And to be honest, I wouldn't of sold you my CB750 even if you had wanted it.

ProTeal55
1974 CB360 (Project)
1974 CB/CL450 Racer
2007 Ducati Monster S2R

1 - 20 of 24 Posts