Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
what's your point? That's just the guy's shop. He used the stock cb450 swingarm to "convert" the bike to under chassis puller type shocks/springs. The stock swingarm was never designed to operate that way and is going to twist like a wet noodle. ever see a real harley softtail? the whole rear assembly is a triangle for rigidity (not just to look like a faux hardtail). It's garbage. I don't even think the tabs are all that sturdy because they are single sided and not a clevis like every other swingarm shock mount.
That was my point. They were claiming the frame. That and the fact that they were claiming it came from a softtail. I don't doubt that it's garbage. I also think I would prefer it to that Suzuki.

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
That was my point. They were claiming the frame. That and the fact that they were claiming it came from a softtail. I don't doubt that it's garbage. I also think I would prefer it to that Suzuki.
they aren't claiming it came from a softtail (though the shocks likely did), they were claiming it was a "softtail", which technically they would be right since it is a sprung rear suspension and softail used to just mean suspension rear chopper frames. Just because harley tradmarked the term softtail doesn't mean it's original meaning changed.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts