Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fix to prevent the breaking off of the speedo stem on the Suzuki Gt 185? I have gone through a few speedos because this happens. It breaks right where the speedo cable screws on to the speedometer bottom. Any help would be appreciated. I must be missing something on these.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
I had one break off at the other end in 1974
the dealer covered it under warranty but only after I argued with him for 2 hours.
I think it cost them a whole $7.50 and that was the only warranty claim I've ever made good on in my entire life.
... they didn't flare or roll the metal shielding enough and it just pulls apart way too easy.

Oh crap, on reread; are you actually having the speedometer part break? I only had a problem with the cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gone through a few. It snaps off right at the bottom of the speedo where the cable goes in. Maybe I need to reinforce it somehow. Thanks for you reply!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one break off at the other end in 1974
the dealer covered it under warranty but only after I argued with him for 2 hours.
I think it cost them a whole $7.50 and that was the only warranty claim I've ever made good on in my entire life.
... they didn't flare or roll the metal shielding enough and it just pulls apart way too easy.

Oh crap, on reread; are you actually having the speedometer part break? I only had a problem with the cable.
Yeh. Snaps right off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have gone through a few. It snaps off right at the bottom of the speedo where the cable goes in. Maybe I need to reinforce it somehow. Thanks for you reply.
Unless you are a JB Weld genius ?
I have done my share of JB weld fixes. I am more interested in why it keeps happening. I look at the cable routing which is a no brainer. The route is pretty clear. Goes for a while then I look and the end is snapped off inside the cable where it screws on to the speedo.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
All religions are cults. It just depends on how many followers there are

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts