Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This outta be easy. just remove the windscreen and the back rest/rack and you're done! That bike looks too cherry to mess with!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only posted a couple of times before but I just had to speak up on this one. Leave it be. It's an awesome bike as it is.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah, please don't go molesting that pristine motor scooter. lose the screen and the back rack and enjoy having an awesome piece of history. find a junker to cut on!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Those are one of my favorite Hondas to gaze upon,but I've never owned one...I'm jealous! Very,very smooth running engines. I put them right up there with the KZ650 as a bike I MUST own someday![8D]

PLEASE don't hack it up!:(

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Its more than likely has been whacked up and painted flat back... Nice looking bike as a stocker...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Agreed to nice to cut up, ride that one and find something not so nice to hack up. I don't care if you do a good job either, its too nice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Things being done:

1. New chain
2. Carb rebuilt
3. Off with the windshield and backrest
4. Clubman bars - most controversial I expect

So in otherwords, everything is the same except the new bars. She's the best bike I've had so far. 11K for mileage, runs good but carbs are clogged. Chrome is in fantastic shape. New exhaust was put on. Small crack on right rear cover.

chiro18 / Matt Amman

·
Registered
204 Posts
Awesome! can't wait to see some pics. What i meant to say earlier is that you truly have a sweet bike. from the pics it looks spotless. where did you find it. under a sheet somewhere or do you have your time machine up and running?

·
Registered
699 Posts
you may want to rethink clubmans without doing rear sets also. it will me mighty uncomfortable with out both of them done. if you are set on keeping the stock pegs, you might want to go with drag bars

·
Registered
13 Posts
quote:Originally posted by chiro18

So in otherwords, everything is the same except the new bars. She's the best bike I've had so far. 11K for mileage, runs good but carbs are clogged. Chrome is in fantastic shape. New exhaust was put on. Small crack on right rear cover.

chiro18 / Matt Amman

That's a beautiful bike man. Good choice on mods.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by 2smokeTyler

you may want to rethink clubmans without doing rear sets also. it will me mighty uncomfortable with out both of them done. if you are set on keeping the stock pegs, you might want to go with drag bars
Try riding a triathlon bike for 6+ hr for Ironman Training. That's uncomfortable. Welcome to my world.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Chiro18, Just a FYI if you are ordering parts and such, That is a CB550K not an F. The F came stock with a 4-1 and had different tank and seat. I think you should go ahead and do any mod you want to but keep the good looking stock stuff so it can bolt back on. One of my regrets is that I have hacked up some bikes beyond return and didn't save stock parts. If you have the storage room, save any parts that need to be modified and replace them with e-bay pieces that you can hack up.

Ken

·
Registered
216 Posts
That orange is gorgeous. A guy just came to the shop a few days ago with a 74 with the orange paint, and the old sparkles are still gleaming. Sweet bike man, I think the choice of clubmans and leaving pretty much everything else alone is a good choice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am the guy that came into tony's shop. Clubmans will hit your stock turn lights and drag bars are going to hit your tank and chip that paint. I have a very sweet 74 in stock(ish) condition that is not quite up to what you have there. i would suggest trading out the lights for smaller ones that bolt up to the holes in the bracket already and using the clubmans, you can convert your passenger pegs to rearsets and avoid discomfort and more importantly wrecking your tank.

Whatever you take off tag label and save, wrap it in plastic if need be but save it. I would not mess around too much on what you got there if you feel the need to really get funny then go get a cheapo frame with a title and start looking for parts in barns/friends houses/police impounds for auction.

That orange is great looking, keep it that way save the tank and side covers and pick up some ratters from fleabay and reposites. saving the pristine stuff and using beaters to modify will save you hundreds of dollars when/if you return it to stock.

Matt

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
if I were to change bars on that one

I'd put some 2" rise "euro bars" on it

in fact I'd just park it in my living room and leave it alone while waiting for it to become truly valuable

if that paint really is original and in at least 85% condition

do you know how to tell?

original has three sizes of metal flake in it and just about impossible to replicate

1 - 20 of 23 Posts